Alignment issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Posting for a friend.. prior to moving to a new home his signal levels on 101 103 99 were mid 90s. Moves to new house and can't get more than 60 on 101 and 0 on the others... He has a clear line of sight over a lake and mast is plumb.. he's swapped lnb with his dads lnb which is confirmed working has tried his dad's receiver and his dad's power supply.. this is a swm 3 setup.. we are both baffled.. I thought maybe it's warped during the move but nothing visible ... dish was pre set with dishpointer for our location.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I should add he tried for hours moving the dish in various directions using fine tune it drops below 60 but never above

Pre setting the azimuth and elevation is only a rough alignment. They need to be fine tuned. There are numerous threads on how to do this. Based on the signal you describe it is close but needs to be adjusted just a little bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes he preset it but he did fine adjust for hours never reach over 60.. he always swapped cables and ends at all connections

It is possible the reflector could have got bent in transit. It doesn't take much to throw them off completely. The easiest thing would be for him to have a tech come out rather than continuing to try and throw parts at it

Yes he preset it but he did fine adjust for hours never reach over 60.. he always swapped cables and ends at all connections

When he was adjusting did he loosen the fine tune bolts first?

I just noticed peds had posted what I think is a relevant question. I suspect you are pointed at the wrong satellite...

He was using transponder 3.. I suggested checking transponder 1 and it was lower signal than trano ponder 3

Checking one transponder does not help, as peds says we need to see all the 101 transponders....

ok I'll get him to send a screen shot of the 101 transponder chart

a photo of the setup and a photo of 101 transponders

1440107199338.jpg 1440107218435.jpg

Looks to me like a simple misalignment issue, unless there is a problem with trees in the line of sight.
Are you sure you are setting the elevation correctly, using the painted edge?

And what's the zip code of the location?

No trees.. it's pointing right over a lake.. yup verified he is using the painted edge and the pointer for the skew for his settings.. he's in Yarmouth Nova Scotia
. his dad is 2km up the road with perfect signal.. he's borrowing a buddy's dish to try some more trouble shooting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts