FREE Preview: Starz/Encore 8/20 - 8/24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did folks know that with the AT&T buy-out of DirecTv they now have lessened our privacy in their TOS sharing the things we watch to 3rd parties such as the Neilson Ratings Group? The Satellite Receivers are responding extremely slow to the remote control unit causing much frustration by users. Also their apps now are not instantaneous but an extremely slow process like their weather app which is also extremely frustrating. Our family has been with DirecTv since 2007 and we're thinking of just going with Netflix or their competitor Dish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember how AT&T would nickel& dime us on our telephone bills. I believe they're going to do the same with us on our DirecTv accounts too! Just my humble opinion!

One last thing the operators for DiercTv will only identify themselves by their respective first names! When you ask for their employee ID # s they say they can't give out that information. It's not like you're asking for their Social Security #s! They say their taping your conversations but they can be awfully rude, in my opinion. DirecTv seems to be going downhill in regards to helping consumers and their robo-systems is so darned frustrating!

Did folks know that with the AT&T buy-out of DirecTv they now have lessened our privacy in their TOS sharing the things we watch to 3rd parties such as the Neilson Ratings Group? The Satellite Receivers are responding extremely slow to the remote control unit causing much frustration by users. Also their apps now are not instantaneous but an extremely slow process like their weather app which is also extremely frustrating. Our family has been with DirecTv since 2007 and we're thinking of just going with Netflix or their competitor Dish!

perhaps you need one of these

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

I wonder how many people actually read the Terms of Service (TOS) they actually agree to? And if they did would they consider it a joke? Is peds48 associated with AT&T or DirecTv? LOL!

Is peds48 associated with AT&T or DirecTv? LOL!

neither. I am just a realistic person and realized that we are apart part of a bigger game we have no control of. While a take great care on the net, TV is not one of this things that I can really care if I am being tracked or not. Those who are traumatized by this event, is time to get their tin foils hat on an stopped whining!

If you don't want to be tracked, there is an opt out and is very easy, JUST DONT USE THEIR PRODUCTS.

Do folks remember George Orwell's famous book "1984"? Well it does appear that "Big Brother" is watching us incrementally! I suppose peds48 also thinks the abridgment of our civil liberties through "The Patriot Act" is also something we should just live with! ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)