All American Direct feeds via my KU Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Am seriously considering subscribing to four distant network feeds through AAD (http://www.allamericandirect.com/).
I realize that you must use a dishnetwork receiver with a smart card and that you don't need to sub to Dish.
But in terms of the dish...can anyone tell me whether they think I could get away with using my existing 4' KU band dish and LNBF aimed at 119W?
I know I recently when doing a blind scan at 121W I was able to pull in the DISH 121W banner.
My LNBF is QPH-031 LNBF.
Thanks!

Dave

Assuming there isn't some other obvious gotcha...
- why not recycle an existing 20" DishNet dish?
- you probably want signal 100% of the time, so hanging a circular LNBF on a motorized 4' dish doesn't make sense.

edit: oh, QPH-031 LNBF
Should work.
Still a bad idea

Last edited:
Are you going to be moving that dish? If so you'll have issues as the receiver needs to be able to see the satellite all the time (in this case 119W) or it "freaks" out and you'll have issues

Heck a simple 18" dish will work fine

Hope you read all those "terms and conditions" at "All-american Direct" lol. Looks suspiciously like dishnetwork's legalese-there's a FEE for a cloudy day!
{I had to look, having trouble getting NBC lately on my antenner, but with all the threats, fees and gotchas they list I believe I can do without my local NBC !}

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)