All American Direct HD Prices

Do you feel All American Direct is Charging way to much for their HD DNS?

• Yes, Flat out rip off.

Votes: 169 61.7%
  • Yes ,but only a little high priced.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Yes , So because of this I flat out refuse to buy them

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Yes , But I don't have a choice, DNS is the only HD option

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • No, I think the price is fine.

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • No, because I don't want HD DNS anyway

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • No, because if you can't afford it don't buy it

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • No, because I don't really care

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely crazy. Makes no sense whatsoever. If they charged $10/mo. I would be a new customer - at $25? Dream on.

And it seems like they just are missing the point. Is it expensive? YES. BUT if they offer it for cheap, I suspect they would get far more customers to cover the cost and then some. Morons.

I voted Flat out Rip OFF
$25-$35 for all the Networks HD and SD 16 Channels I would accept.
If this doesn't happen , Good old MIKE is going to get his EMAIL flooded Untill this happends. I want the price cut in 1/2

ABC is not broadcasting in my DMA, I would pay up to $2.50 for ABC-HD. ABC-HD is not worth what HBO charges

The only network that I cannot receive via Dish is ABC. I currently pay $5. per month for the SD version of ABC from American Direct which happens to carry 3 or 4 shows that my wife likes; otherwise, I would not pay anything for ABC since I do not watch anything on ABC. MY wife agrees that $7 to $8 is the maximum that we would pay to receive HD ABC and no SD ABC since all 5 of our DVR's are HD.

You guys can sit there and bitch moan and complain all you want bottom line is YOU do not make financial decisions for NPS. You have no idea what it costs them to lease the transponders and uplink the signals. You can make educated guesses but the bottom line is they are just guesses.

My guess and others as well is they are padding the cost to have a source of funds to fight any litigation that may come thier way from the NAB, networks & individual stations. Also SHVERA is up for renewal this year and our leaders in DC can end the provisions in the law that allow NPS to offer DNS.

I gladly have them and am lucky enough to afford them. That and the fact that I have a couple of grand in TV's, Receivers, surrond sound ect in my lhome really made this a no brainer.

I am a tv junkie and sorely miss the days when I had 4 sets of dns and my Lil from E*. Then I remember that is the reason I no longer have all those channels.

One more thing to add before you guys totally rip me to shreds, most of you are hard core sattelite junkies and will pay to have them just so you can have them. If you want them bad enough you will pay (maybe not happily pay) to get dns. IMO get them now just in case there is a Grandfather provision that lets us keep them after SHVERA is renewed.

Enjoy them while you have them.

Total f*cking rip off ! I sent an email yesterday saying as much to the ceo of the AAD. They could make twice as much money by offering these networks at a decent price. Volume of subs is the answer to everything. Instead GREED has stepped in once again in RECESSIONARY times like these. Totally stupid. I see this company not selling many hd distants in the future. I took the L.A. pack , Just to see the picture quality. I was very impressed as to the pq and the audio was good as well. Much better than the Houston Hd locals pack with DISH. Sadly I will drop the L.A. distants at the end of the month. This could of been a great deal for both DISH and AAD . Instead another example of corporate GREED gone wild.

You guys can sit there and bitch moan and complain all you want bottom line is YOU do not make financial decisions for NPS. You have no idea what it costs them to lease the transponders and uplink the signals. You can make educated guesses but the bottom line is they are just guesses.

My guess and others as well is they are padding the cost to have a source of funds to fight any litigation that may come thier way from the NAB, networks & individual stations. Also SHVERA is up for renewal this year and our leaders in DC can end the provisions in the law that allow NPS to offer DNS.

I gladly have them and am lucky enough to afford them. That and the fact that I have a couple of grand in TV's, Receivers, surrond sound ect in my lhome really made this a no brainer.

I am a tv junkie and sorely miss the days when I had 4 sets of dns and my Lil from E*. Then I remember that is the reason I no longer have all those channels.

One more thing to add before you guys totally rip me to shreds, most of you are hard core sattelite junkies and will pay to have them just so you can have them. If you want them bad enough you will pay (maybe not happily pay) to get dns. IMO get them now just in case there is a Grandfather provision that lets us keep them after SHVERA is renewed.

Enjoy them while you have them.

How do you explain this total rip-off? I don't think NPS uplinks any of these channels.

NPS - Your One Call Solution

And then they pad the package with the EPG. Like its another channel. :eek:

The only network that I cannot receive via Dish is ABC. I currently pay $5. per month for the SD version of ABC from American Direct which happens to carry 3 or 4 shows that my wife likes; otherwise, I would not pay anything for ABC since I do not watch anything on ABC. MY wife agrees that $7 to $8 is the maximum that we would pay to receive HD ABC and no SD ABC since all 5 of our DVR's are HD.

"Move" to OKC or Tulsa. The HD spotbeams cover most of the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)