All American Direct HD Prices

Do you feel All American Direct is Charging way to much for their HD DNS?

• Yes, Flat out rip off.

Votes: 169 61.7%
  • Yes ,but only a little high priced.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Yes , So because of this I flat out refuse to buy them

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Yes , But I don't have a choice, DNS is the only HD option

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • No, I think the price is fine.

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • No, because I don't want HD DNS anyway

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • No, because if you can't afford it don't buy it

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • No, because I don't really care

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The same way sanz the SHVERA.

As with any programing package if the sub wants it and is is willing to pay fine, if your not willing to pay then you go with out.

And the more people that don't sub to it. The higher the cost will be for the people that do. It's Nps' way of doing business. They make their profit either way. At the expense of their loyal customers who at some time or another will look elsewhere or do without.

And the more people that don't sub to it. The higher the cost will be for the people that do. It's Nps' way of doing business. They make their profit either way. At the expense of their loyal customers who at some time or another will look elsewhere or do without.

It is what it is.

$3.95 per channel per month.

These are speciality channels, probably no other providers carry available to those without big dish recievers. (Out of market)
Sure I wish it was less expensive. But there have been posts after posts saying we would pay if only the FCC would allow us to get out of market channels.
Well here it is, and that's the cost.

($755 per year for 16 channels = $3.95 per month per channel.) Yes, higher if you want a la carte HD only.
By the way, this is what to expect for all of you who keep screaming for a la carte programming in general. Betting some of those channels will cost more than these do.

As someone who deals with DISH Network customers everyday, I can tell you right now that nobody is going to pay $25/mo to get distant feeds of local channels. Maybe a few people from this board, but not your average DISH Network customer.

The $5 local package with Dish is priced just right, people don't think twice when purchasing it.

Even at $10 for some people this would be accecptable, maybe $12.99 and in the extreme case maybe $14.99.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $25 for distant networks. We got people out there who will not even pay $20 for DISH Family, its not going to happen!

What you'll end up seeing is that people are picking and choosing, they might end up getting 1 or 2 networks if they got a favorite show, but very few people will give in and get all 4 networks.

As someone who deals with DISH Network customers everyday, I can tell you right now that nobody is going to pay $25/mo to get distant feeds of local channels. Maybe a few people from this board, but not your average DISH Network customer.

The $5 local package with Dish is priced just right, people don't think twice when purchasing it.

Even at $10 for some people this would be accecptable, maybe $12.99 and in the extreme case maybe $14.99.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $25 for distant networks. We got people out there who will not even pay $20 for DISH Family, its not going to happen!

What you'll end up seeing is that people are picking and choosing, they might end up getting 1 or 2 networks if they got a favorite show, but very few people will give in and get all 4 networks.
Thats the thing. Its not $25 per month. Its $35. The only way AAD charges you only $25 for the HD networks is if you already subscribe to the big 4 SD package for $12.99.
So if you want just 4 HD networks alone ,Thats $35 per month.

Yea, Its $25 if you are already paying the $12.99 for the SD networks. If you don't have the SD networks its $35 per month.:eek: Or $38 per month with the 8 SD and 4 HD.
Wow, again, that is unreal.
I wold be very interested in seeing how many sub to this.

It would not be worth it for me at that cost. I dont care enough about TV in general to pay that much for that few channels.

Thats the thing. Its not $25 per month. Its $35. The only way AAD charges you only $25 for the HD networks is if you already subscribe to the big 4 SD package for $12.99.
So if you want just 4 HD networks alone ,Thats $35 per month.

I got charged just $24.99 for L.A. hd nets. I have no sd packs. I just checked my credit card statement online this morning. The people getting charged $35.00 are those that want to keep the sd distants as well. Sadly I will also cancel this distant pack this month. I only wanted to see the pq and audio quality for the distants . IT is very , very good. Looks better than the Houston hd locals pack on DISH. I would of kept the distants if they were priced $12.99 for both east /west coast distants ,like the sd distants. Paying $24.99 a month for just 4 hd nets is ridiculous as hell. That is $6.25 per channel. Hell the premium movie services don't charge this much and they have many more channels.

Well if All American Direct is reading this, I hope they are getting what the poll clearly shows (regardless of how unscientific it is). :)

Reason for not "moving"

"Move" to OKC or Tulsa. The HD spotbeams cover most of the state.

I would then lose my current 3 HD locals which I currently receive from Dish (NBC, CBS, FOX); I do not want to play games to get the channels I should but cannot get because of the crooked congress being bribed by the Broadcast industry and Hollywood to pass the DRM legislation denying the public the right to receive any broadcast signal being carried over our airwaves.

How about a poll asking how many people would rather pay $5.00 monthly to "move" with DISH to get your HD nets or pay $19.99 more monthly to get 4 hd nets with All American Direct?

When you see the difference in price I don't see how anyone would pay to AAD for hd nets at all. It isn't like the whole concept of "moving" with DISH & DIRECTV hasn't been discussed over and over on this web board , so that anyone could do it. I am sad that a good idea like distant hd nets has been priced right out of the hands of most DISH customers. I can see a lot of us here that would pay at least $12.99 a month to receive both east/west hd nets. But now the amount of subs willing to fork over $299.88 a year for just 4 hd nets, will continue to dwindle till there are no more.

How about a poll asking how many people would rather pay $5.00 monthly to "move" with DISH to get your HD nets or pay $19.99 more monthly to get 4 hd nets with All American Direct?

When you see the difference in price I don't see how anyone would pay to AAD for hd nets at all. It isn't like the whole concept of "moving" with DISH & DIRECTV hasn't been discussed over and over on this web board , so that anyone could do it. I am sad that a good idea like distant hd nets has been priced right out of the hands of most DISH customers. I can see a lot of us here that would pay at least $12.99 a month to receive both east/west hd nets. But now the amount of subs willing to fork over $299.88 a year for just 4 hd nets, will continue to dwindle till there are no more.

There are some in locations that can't "move", but probably not enough to make this profitable for AAD if they don't lower the prices.

these are local channels, not hbo or playboy.

so why price them as such?

unless your passing your transponder lease fees off to your customers

All operating costs must ultimately be passed on to the customer if one expects to make a profit.

It's not reasonable to compare the cost of a premium channel like HBO, which is available to every Dish subscriber, to the cost of distant networks which are only needed by a small percentage of subscribers. The cost of delivering that premium channel can be spread over a much wider audience. In fact, Dish can spread the cost of the their satellites over every customer so they only need to pass on HBO's fees (plus reasonable profit) to the subscriber of that channel.

Last edited:
Supply and demand guys!

Look they offer a service for a price. If you don't want to pay the price, then you won't ask for their service. It's that simple. Obviously there are people paying those prices, or they'd be lower.

All operating costs must ultimately be passed on to the customer if one expects to make a profit.

It's not reasonable to compare the cost of a premium channel like HBO, which is available to every Dish subscriber, to the cost of distant networks which are only needed by a small percentage of subscribers. The cost of delivering that premium channel can be spread over a much wider audience. In fact, Dish can spread the cost of the their satellites over every customer so they only need to pass on HBO's fees (plus reasonable profit) to the subscriber of that channel.
i disagree with you. is it not fair because hbo's have no commercials and are half the price of these local channels?

Look they offer a service for a price. If you don't want to pay the price, then you won't ask for their service. It's that simple. Obviously there are people paying those prices, or they'd be lower.

Well see how many people will continue to pay the price come two months from now. By then the novelty will wear off and the cost of the real price will sink in . Then will see if they lower the HD price or go out of business for HD distant networks. The rent for the transponder must cost AAD a pretty penny. The Ceo of AAD say only 30 % of their subs have hd so this isn't their main demographic or focus. I say as more and more locals are uplinked and made available to DISH subs, the less need for distants. Then AAD will have to decide whether to lower the cost for them, or to do away with them totally. Come on $24.99 for 4 hd nets? What are they smoking?:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)