All HD DVRs delayed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
DELAYED:
The Direct HD Tivo for HDTV is now delayed till March-April (it was Jan-Feb). Beta Tests start in Jan-Feb.

DELAYED:
The Dish Network 921 is also delayed in that there will only be enough made Avl. for Show Rooms (about 400 will be made in December with about 1-200 being made avl to the public. The rest will be for Show rooms demos so Dish can sell back orders for Jan -Feb installs.

ALMOST THE SAME TIME:
It is looking like the Dish and Direct TV HDTV DVRs will both be out about the same time (with in a 1-2 Months of each other).

Since the Tivo is delayed also- Dishnetwork probably saw the competition slip in its release, so they took more time to hopefully get it right the first time like Tivo does- the cause of there delay?

WAITING:
Dont know which one to get. Waiting is so hard.

The Direct TV looks like it can do so much more and with $49 new customer Regualar Direct Tivos I bet the HDTV version will be Hundreds less than the Dish Network 921.

I wanted something to record HD by Xmas.

If Dish wont give existing customers good deals on new equipment purchased then Direct TV may be the way to go- could save Hundreds and get the 3 Sat Direct TV Sat (like a Super Dish only smaller for free).

ScottChez said:
WAITING:
Dont know which one to get. Waiting is so hard.

Select based on programming (the typical suggestion) *AND* PQ (picture quality). I've heard rumors that DirecTVs HD PQ isn't all that good right now - a Tivo-based recorder is indeed a plus but it doesn't mean much if the picture is crappy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts