All lines are Signal (A)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

katztrd

Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Just got a HD receiver (HD-10) and I hooked 2 lines up too Input 1 and Input 2, but the signal test shows both are Signal (A), so I tried the 3rd line and it was also Signal (A)
I have a 3 LNB Oval dish, with 3 of the 4 line's run into the house. The 4th line stops at the dish.

Is this something DirectTV has to setup on their end for me to receive Signal (B) or (C)? Or Something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Katz

You should have the four lines from the dish run to a multiswitch, then to the receivers.

gibbsjf53 said:
You should have the four lines from the dish run to a multiswitch, then to the receivers.

If you have the 3lnb dish with the built-in multiswitch, then all you need to do, is run each coax from the dish to each receivers sattelite input, so if you have a DVR with dual tuners, 2 coax would go from the dish to that one DVR.

If you have need of more than 4 outputs, a second multiswitch is needed, in which case you will need to make sure the multiswitch is cascadable, or else it will not work as expected*.

*Note that if you have a 3lnb dish with a built-in multiswitch, and you connect a non-cascadable multiswitch to its built-in multiswitch outputs, you will only see one sattelite I beleive.

If you are using a 2lnb dish with the 3rd lnb being the Sat-C kit that you had to add on, it would not have the built-in multiswitch and you can use a non-cascadable multiswitch to distribute to each tuner/receiver.

Oh and if you are going from a 1 or 2 lnb setup to the 3lnb, you will need to rerun installation setup again and select 3lnb/oval dish, in fact, even if you did not move from a 1 or 2 lnb, it might be a good idea to make sure your receiver is set to 3lnb/oval setup, else you will only see 101.

And to clarify, directv does not have to do anything on their end for you to see all 3 sats.

If the signal test screen does even show a Sat B or C possibilty then you need to rerun guided setup and tell it you have triple LNB dish. What do you see when you tune to chs 490-494?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Duece is on channel 72

Another multiswitch questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)