All New York Super Bowl???

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
I realize it's very early, but IMO, this is the best chance ever for an all Big Apple Big Game. Arguably, the Giants and Jets are the best teams in their respective conferences.

Also, what would happen if the Giants and Jets both hosted their respective conference championships? Would one championship game be played on Saturday?

So what you say Sat Guys? Will it happen this year?

I realize it's very early, but IMO, this is the best chance ever for an all Big Apple Big Game. Arguably, the Giants and Jets are the best teams in their respective conferences.

Also, what would happen if the Giants and Jets both hosted their respective conference championships? Would one championship game be played on Saturday?

That would be interesting, I wonder how they would handle the scheduling.

Now what would be truly intriguing, is if the Giants & Jets were in Super Bowl XLVIII at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

While I believe the Jets are the much better team, the Giants probably have a better chance to get there. There are just too many very good teams in the AFC, and zero in the NFC. The AFC probably has like the top seven or so teams in the NFL.

That said, it would be absolute pandemonium if both made it to the Super Bowl. Can you imagine if they both made the Super Bowl the year the game is played in the Meadowlands? Have mercy...

Sandra

One would play at 1pm or so and the other would be played at 7pm or so.

The NFL had already addressed this. The games would be played Sunday night and Monday night.

Goodell said Saturday would not be an option, as it would give the two teams playing only six days to prepare.

Goodell: Giants and Jets would not host conference championships on same day | NJ.com

That would be interesting, I wonder how they would handle the scheduling.

Now what would be truly intriguing, is if the Giants & Jets were in Super Bowl XLVIII at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

It would be about as interesting as the yankees and Mets .....
Outside of NY, no one would care.

As a die hard Giants fan, a Superbowl at home would be great . . . HOWEVER, a NY/NY Superbowl in the Mecca of All Stadiums in Dallas would truly be priceless. . . sorry had to say it . . . but I would love to see Jerry Jones' $1.5 billion dollar stadium hosting an all New York Superbowl . . . in the immortal words of Nelson on the Simpsons, "Ha Ha"

It would be about as interesting as the yankees and Mets .....
Outside of NY, no one would care.

The Super Bowl is a totally different animal. It gets the ratings regardless of who's playing. And just as a side note, the 2000 World Series was the third highest rated World Series in the past decade. In all honesty, does anybody really care about World Series', NBA Finals, and the Stanley Cup outside of the fans of the two teams playing? Not really.

The Super Bowl is a totally different animal. It gets the ratings regardless of who's playing. And just as a side note, the 2000 World Series was the third highest rated World Series in the past decade. In all honesty, does anybody really care about World Series', NBA Finals, and the Stanley Cup outside of the fans of the two teams playing? Not really.
That's what happens when you split something into a best of 7 series. The intensity is lost.
Take the NCAA B-Ball Tourney, people that aren't normally fans of the teams are glued to the set, because it's win or die.
The NFL learned that lesson a long time ago.

Halfway through the season, and six teams are tied for the NFL's best record at 6-2.

Two of those teams play in East Rutherford, NJ.

Just sayin'............;)

Jerry Jones has been hoping for years that the Cowboys would be playing the first Super Bowl home game this year. Now there is a chance Jerry will host the first ever New York vs. New York showdown right there in his beautiful new palace.

Priceless!!!

Sandra

Cleveland's Progressive Field Hosting "Snow Games"

NFL Week 16 picks - Thursday Game this week!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)