All of my timers are gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I hit my DVR button today to watch some shows that should have recorded, only to find they weren't there. I decided to check the daily schedule and it's empty. All of my timers are gone. PTAT is gone from the schedule. I did a system reboot and they're still gone. Ugh.

After being incredibly buggy for the first few weeks, it was finally working okay. Now this. :(

Last edited:
Sigh, I just talked to Dish. They had me unplug the Hopper. That didn't do anything. They had me do a check switch. That didn't do anything. The guide is empty. So they have to send out an installer. Had the Hopper for less than 2 months and this already. Makes me really happy to be paying over $130 a month.

CRFTony said:
Sigh, I just talked to Dish. They had me unplug the Hopper. That didn't do anything. They had me do a check switch. That didn't do anything. The guide is empty. So they have to send out an installer. Had the Hopper for less than 2 months and this already. Makes me really happy to be paying over $130 a month.

Did you try restoring them from the remote?

Dustin - I'm not sure how to do that. This seems to be a guide issue, from what Dish told me. I can't get the guide to download. Resetting, unplugging, check switch, removing the card, etc. does nothing.

Edit: Just did a restore via controller. Same as before. No timers, no guide.

try a check switch to see if the guide is downloaded. for restoring from the remote, you had to back up the timers first to the remote anytime you add/remove a timer.

Same exact problem. Friday no timers, nothing getting recorded because of no guide. Called dish, reboot, unplug, check switch, nothing worked, so scheduled a tech to come out on Sunday. That night during the night(Friday Night), it corrected itself during the wee hours of the morning. Thus I cancelled the tech appointment. Haven't had any issues since with guide.

You can't force a guide download via check switch witha hopper. You simply must leave the Hopper in standby to get updates. Do you habitually power off your receiver AND tv when not in use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts