All TWC HD DVR boxes have had problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dianecaudle

Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Monroe, NC
Ever since I started getting the DVR boxes whether they're Navigator or the latest Samsung ones I've had problems with them. First, after I've saved 10 or 11 hours worth of programs then the boxes are over half full. Mine is the only room that that happens to. I've had the TWC guy come over a few times and he says, some boxes are like that. I gave my box to my son to use upstairs in his room and he's had no problem with it. Also, sometimes it would decide not to record a program for no reason.

So, I tried to use an old box from the older Navigator in my room and the box had too many pixelated pictures on it, don't know what else to call it but some of the old and new programs that were recorded had too many ripples or messed-up pixelated pictures to even watch. So we traded that one in and unfortunately, had to get the newer Samsung box which I've used before and never have like but I've had no choice. So, this box does the same thing that the old one did that I gave my son, it decided last night not to record a program. I kept telling it I wanted it recorded and it wouldn't do it and said the program wasn't available. I rebooted and was able to record it. This morning I had set a program to record and it wasn't recording when I got to it--it said the program was unavailable, the same thing happened to the other, older DVR. although i was able to watch it and able to record it.

For some reason these problems only happen to my room and my DVRs. I've been told that it can't be the cable coming into my room.

There is something odd about this setup, I can't imagine what it could be, but I know that other people are able to record many programs, much more then my 15-20 hours worth if I'm lucky. Oh, and this morning the picture started messing up already,, so the DVR must feel like it's home.

When I call TWC they have no idea what I'm talking about and just want to send over another technician who will tell me nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please don't tell me to get another DVR box, they're all like that in my room.

Diane

Ever since I started getting the DVR boxes whether they're Navigator or the latest Samsung ones I've had problems with them. First, after I've saved 10 or 11 hours worth of programs then the boxes are over half full. Mine is the only room that that happens to. I've had the TWC guy come over a few times and he says, some boxes are like that. I gave my box to my son to use upstairs in his room and he's had no problem with it. Also, sometimes it would decide not to record a program for no reason.

So, I tried to use an old box from the older Navigator in my room and the box had too many pixelated pictures on it, don't know what else to call it but some of the old and new programs that were recorded had too many ripples or messed-up pixelated pictures to even watch. So we traded that one in and unfortunately, had to get the newer Samsung box which I've used before and never have like but I've had no choice. So, this box does the same thing that the old one did that I gave my son, it decided last night not to record a program. I kept telling it I wanted it recorded and it wouldn't do it and said the program wasn't available. I rebooted and was able to record it. This morning I had set a program to record and it wasn't recording when I got to it--it said the program was unavailable, the same thing happened to the other, older DVR. although i was able to watch it and able to record it.

For some reason these problems only happen to my room and my DVRs. I've been told that it can't be the cable coming into my room.

There is something odd about this setup, I can't imagine what it could be, but I know that other people are able to record many programs, much more then my 15-20 hours worth if I'm lucky. Oh, and this morning the picture started messing up already,, so the DVR must feel like it's home.

When I call TWC they have no idea what I'm talking about and just want to send over another technician who will tell me nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please don't tell me to get another DVR box, they're all like that in my room.

Diane

I have the atlantic scientific hd8300-dvr and haven't had any of the issues you are speaking of. It sounds like perhaps you have a signal loss somewhere and that might be affecting the operation of your STB. Have the tech check your wiring and outside feed connections.

I have the atlantic scientific hd8300-dvr and haven't had any of the issues you are speaking of. It sounds like perhaps you have a signal loss somewhere and that might be affecting the operation of your STB. Have the tech check your wiring and outside feed connections.

Great receiver for me also! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts