ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th

I think the only one out that we dont have that I might would watch is WealthHD. MOJO and MHD did't really blow my skirt up(figuratively speaking :D )

I think the only one out that we dont have that I might would watch is WealthHD. MOJO and MHD did't really blow my skirt up(figuratively speaking :D )

They could add these three and I would be happy.

The Movie Channel
The Golf Channel
FSN Ohio
Big Ten Network (when launched)

Last edited:
VOOM Migration

Free HD receiver upgrade – like for like
• VOOM customers should be offered a like for like ViP receiver for all active MPEG-2 HD receivers
• through the DISH’n It Up leased promotion
Customer must agree to an 18-month commitment to basic programming.
The customer must swap their leased and purchased MPEG-2 HD receivers for a leased ViP receive
to be eligible for this offer

Sound to me like a good way to lock in some HD subs for 18 months so they don't consider Direct when they launch the "100".....

your probably sick and tired of me saying this, but Comcast sports net chicago hd would be a great add! I want to see MHD get added as well. Theres allways Algezeera HD wich is in ENGLISH btw.. I was watching that off of arabsat the other day. Its actually not a bad channel.

They could increase both the resolution and effective bandwidth and still achieve significant capacity improvements, maybe not double but at least 2/3rds, but I don't expect them too. I don't believe E* is prioritizing HD PQ at this point in time.

I currently have 2 leased 622 and 1 owned 942. Will they just swap my owned 942 for an owned 622 or a leased 622?

Reading the announcement they would be swapping your owned 942 for a leased 622. Makes sense really as after this upgrade a 942 won't be worth a whole lot. Heck the unit isn't worth that much now.

They could increase both the resolution and effective bandwidth and still achieve significant capacity improvements, maybe not double but at least 2/3rds, but I don't expect them too. I don't believe E* is prioritizing HD PQ at this point in time.
Is that broken fiber cable between VOOM and DISH fixed finally ?

Isn't the 211 also subject to the $6/mo "lease" fee like the 622? That would also be an increase over the 811...funny how they seemed to have left that out. :rolleyes:

But hey...good announcement anyways...I'm all for Voom wasting less space up there! :D :up

I pay 6 Buxs a month know for the 1 Vip-211 i have

Isn't the 211 also subject to the $6/mo "lease" fee like the 622? That would also be an increase over the 811...funny how they seemed to have left that out. :rolleyes:

But hey...good announcement anyways...I'm all for Voom wasting less space up there! :D :up

Effective February 1, 2007 - the first leased receiver fee for customers upgrading after that date under Dishn It Up is included in the package price (AT100/200/250 or DVR Advantage).

I had to email the ceo email address several times to get this done correctly, BTW - unless it has been corrected recently, the CSRs do not know this "new" policy.

Since the above announcement says the swap is under the Dishn It Up program, then if your new MPEG4 receiver is your first leased receiver then you should not be paying an extra $6 lease fee.

Effective February 1, 2007 - the first leased receiver fee for customers upgrading after that date under Dishn It Up is included in the package price (AT100/200/250 or DVR Advantage).

I had to email the ceo email address several times to get this done correctly, BTW - unless it has been corrected recently, the CSRs do not know this "new" policy.

Since the above announcement says the swap is under the Dishn It Up program, then if your new MPEG4 receiver is your first leased receiver then you should not be paying an extra $6 lease fee.
I wonder if people that have been paying this for the last year can get a refund past Feb 2007?

Does it say this somewhere on Dish's website? I currently lease a 622 for which I pay a lease fee and a dvr fee. If I use dishn It Up to add a 211 will my monthly charge stay the same as it is now?

This is great news. I thought we would not see any new HD until the new satellites go up.

Now there will be room for NESN HD! I can only dream that that E* would add this 24/7 HD sports channel. If not I hope the new space will be used for HD channels that actually show some HD content.

Ken

I forgot about golf/vs hd, we had that on Comcast and I loved it.

MusicHD was a waste, no better than the Voom music channel so Id say Id want one or the other, not both. At least not both while capacity is limited.

I have a question!

If Voom going to Mpeg-4 would theoretically provide 5-6 more National HD Channel bandwidth, how does that relate to local market bandwidth? Is there a difference since it is spotbeam?? Or am I just totally not getting it?!?!

This really great news due to it shows Dish is serious about staying the HD Leader and staying on the edge of technology with MPEG4. This is a big sign that they are getting ready to move things toward MPEG4. Cant wait until they get their new MPEG4 service up and running. :)

The only negative that I see, and have seen for some time, is that it also forces anyone with the family pak to either ":mad:upgrade:mad: " to an AT package that they may not want in order to keep VOOM.

I have had the family pak for some time due to the channels in it; Boomerang, Discovery-science, Halmark-movie along with the old HD pak and Voom. I also have had a VIP211 for almost one year. HAve tried to change to $20 HD package, even e-mailed ceodish. Can not do it, again must go with an AT package.

While a lot of you feel this is a great move, all I see is a way for DISH to get more money from subscribers. I would really like to switch to the "new" $20 HD package, but to do so I have to loose SD channels that my family watches in the Family Package to some "lousy" AT package.

Again thanks alot DISH but no thanks from people who want the Family Package and HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)