alligning new dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I am worried about the install for my new dish. I know the 99 is not active yet, so how do I make sure the installer points the dish correctly to receive the 99 when it comes on? I am worried about the house next to mine and my ability to pick up 99. So if 99 is a problem I was going to have him install it on the garage.

Do you have a D* dish installed now that you can use to get an idea on blockage? For an 18” dish pointed at 101, you are only looking at about 2 degrees to the left and for a triple LNB dish it would be about 11 degrees left from where the dish is currently pointing. The instructions for the AT9 says it only uses the 101 Ku satellite for alignment so the installer would not be looking for anything at 99 to point at.
Bob

You peak the 101 first and then ajust the tild and peak the 119. The new dish rotates on an axis at the 101 sat. If the 119 and the 101 are both peaked then the ka LNB's should automatically be aligned. Just like the 110 LNB on the 3-LNB dish. If you go to solidsignal.com you can watch video's on how to install the AT9 5lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts