Stream - New software?

I have 5 Ospreys — 2 are still the old software, two are “in between” where it is very black and dark but has the new app drawer with smaller icons (need to check versions), and the third has the lighter colored background, like in the pic above, a new look but has the old “DirecTV Stream” branding unlike the screenshot shown above. They also have had a horrible time updating — one had to be fully reset because it went into a reboot lock, and the other two were slowwwwww for a full day until I rebooted them.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Here's what I guess is now the old guide. Not my pic.
1698031514099.png

Reactions: Jimbo
So now, instead of using the guide and going right to the channel you want, you have to scroll thru for days to get to what you want to watch ... how forward thinking.

Example, If I want to go to CBS for example, I have to scroll thru all the channels to get to CBS now ???
There is no way to go Directly to a Channel .

They've never really had a way to go directly to one at all. Like you can't even input channel numbers if you were using a remote with number buttons (i.e. the keyboard feature on the Roku app remote) to control your streaming box.

So now, instead of using the guide and going right to the channel you want, you have to scroll thru for days to get to what you want to watch ... how forward thinking.

Example, If I want to go to CBS for example, I have to scroll thru all the channels to get to CBS now ???
Huh?
If you have Directv streaming and use the osprey box you can select a channel number just like satellite.
It’s only if you use a roku box (or other streaming box) where you do not have a channel number.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Huh?
If you have Directv streaming and use the osprey box you can select a channel number just like satellite.
It’s only if you use a roku box (or other streaming box) where you do not have a channel number.
I am talking about Streaming in general .... how many have a remote with numbers or even channels ?
The Osprey box and Who else, theres probably a few out there, but over all, numbers are Not a thing with Streaming.

It's not just smart boxes like Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, Chromecast/Google TV, Walmart Onn and Nvidia Shield that come with numberless remotes, many newer smart TVs also have no numbers on the remote that comes with the TV.

Most of those devices though do support numeric input with a universal remote or via HDMI-CEC, however not all 3rd party apps are coded to respond to direct number inputs.

I would not be happy with Stream without the Osprey.
I would never recommend the service without a box at least on your main tv.
I have stream with the app only. It works fine, just isn't as convenient as having a box. But the box isn't nearly worth the extra charges per month.

Last edited:
Reactions: spiderman865