Stream - New software?

My 3 boxes updated last night. Because I’m a Stream customer and not a Directv with Internet subscriber, i don’t have to pay any monthly receiver fee. Right now i pay $154.99 for Premier but the Sports Pack is not part of the Premier package for Directv Stream customers.

Another reason why I stay with DIRECTV satellite.
I get your point but on the other hand i pay no advanced receiver fee or RSN fee even though i get my local RSNs. I had Directv satellite since 1995, but switched to stream when i moved to a community where I couldn’t put up a dish. Stream isn’t perfect, but for our purposes it’s fine.

Because I started my subscription before Directv Internet began, I was able to buy Osprey boxes without incurring the e extra fees that Directv Internet (and satellite) customers pay. That makes it a bargain to me.

What are your monthly charges and for what programming?

1698492855132.png

I like this look on my Roku’s and Sony Android TV. They also added the 4k channels to the guide.

I just wish they would release an LG WebOS version of this app. With LG ranking extremely high with their OLED TVs, it would be nice if my C2 OLED would have the app so I could turn in the client and save $7 a month.

I’m down to two receivers because the app is all we need on other TVs.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
I like this look on my Roku’s and Sony Android TV. They also added the 4k channels to the guide.

I just wish they would release an LG WebOS version of this app. With LG ranking extremely high with their OLED TVs, it would be nice if my C2 OLED would have the app so I could turn in the client and save $7 a month.

I’m down to two receivers because the app is all we need on other TVs.
Not going to happen with LG.. They cant make up there mind if they are keeping WebOS one of the reasons mlb.tv pulled there app from LG

Not going to happen with LG.. They cant make up there mind if they are keeping WebOS one of the reasons mlb.tv pulled there app from LG
Thats really shortsided of app developers. Its the best looking TV in my house. Can go on youtube and search for OLED test videos. Its remarkable, especially like OLED starfields or that black background with the honey stick. The black is 100% black. The color is so vibrant. The LG OLED groups on facebook and reddit sure have their fan following, and I can see why. Image quality second to none. With such a following and such good quality, you'd think app developers would see that.

Thats really shortsided of app developers. Its the best looking TV in my house. Can go on youtube and search for OLED test videos. Its remarkable, especially like OLED starfields or that black background with the honey stick. The black is 100% black. The color is so vibrant. The LG OLED groups on facebook and reddit sure have their fan following, and I can see why. Image quality second to none. With such a following and such good quality, you'd think app developers would see that.
The problem lies with LG. If LG switched webos to android TV your problem is solved

Reactions: "MysteryMan"
It’s a shame because it’s the best picture quality in the house. I have the LG C2 OLED and there’s even a newer one out, the C3, and also more expensive G3. Just remarkable displays. Heck even now the HDR really pops on this Thursday night football game via Amazon Prime Video.

I spend 90% of my time on it with the built in apps: Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, Plex, Disney+. But since there’s no DirecTV app I just have the DirecTV genie client velcroed behind the tv on the wall. I just thought it was weird because those are all big name apps and work well. Even Xfinity app is available if I would want to subscribe to them.

At least for 3 other rooms (2 are kids rooms) the roku’s they have allow for all of those apps above but also DirecTV. So at least I’m saving from having to rent receivers / clients on them. Two are kids rooms anyway and they don’t have much concept of linear TV. They just use apps and select what to watch, when. That generation will likely never subscribe to linear TV. I only have it because of my wife. I could live without it. OTA and apps would honestly be everything I’d need.

I don't like that it boots into this screen first and then you have to select the channel. Or use the previous or back button. I replaced a Mini with the DTV APP on a bedroom TV.

1706981732754.png