Almost Comical Chat with Dish online rep regarding "No Phone Line Fee"

would you pay an extra $5 for every computer that's connected to your dsl/cable connection? I highly doubt it. I have 4 computers in the whole house, which would make comcast filty rich havin' an extra $20 fee going back to their pockets. To have a basic landline service, it costs $22 (Qwest) in washington state with the most basic features. that's $22/month on top of every extra IRDs you have in the account. :eureka

Shhhhhhhhh!!.. Don't give the cable/phone companies any ideas.. :)

But.. dont cable companies already charge 5 - 7 dllrs for any additional so called "digital" top boxes?? I mean well if you dont like the phone line fees... why not switch to cable.. and get that service? or maybe get direct tv and have seperate receivers? Does direct tv charge for additional receivers? I dont see how customers never get this.. you got options.. dont like it.. cancel it and get something else right? o.0

But.. dont cable companies already charge 5 - 7 dllrs for any additional so called "digital" top boxes?? I mean well if you dont like the phone line fees... why not switch to cable.. and get that service? or maybe get direct tv and have seperate receivers? Does direct tv charge for additional receivers? I dont see how customers never get this.. you got options.. dont like it.. cancel it and get something else right? o.0

D* does in fact charge $4.99 per month for each add'l receiver past the first one.

I thuink these fees are garbage. I hate fees. All fees are is way to collect additional unearned dollars from customers.
I have had angry people cancel because they felt they we're being nickle and dimed to death.

When I first got dish, no one told me about the 'no phone line fee.' the installer asked if we had a phone line, I told him no, he said 'no problem' and that was it. later, looking around online, I found out about the fee.

I called and got the same basic run-around. I told them to cancel my service because I felt like it was a 'hidden' charge no one told me about until I went looking online, and then all of a sudden the CSR had a solution. They just credited me back $5 every month for the first year to cancel out the charge. By then I had a phone line for other reasons and now it doesn't matter anymore.

All that to say, there are workarounds, but I think you need to be in a position where you can walk away (ie. new service) before they will give any.

What do I gather from what is cussed and discussed on this thread? Even though CSR's have frustrated me in the past, there is NO WAY I would be one and take all the abuse they do!

Last edited:
I kind of agree with you guys on the additional receivers. This is a two tuner receiver, so it takes place of having a second receiver. If keeping it hooked up to the ethernet or phone waives the five dollars you are ahead. Lets take it this way. One 622 and one 211 with the 622 hooked up is an additional fee of 7 dollars. If you get the 612 and 211 and replace the second tuner of the 622 for a 301 then you would be paying 12 dollars (7 for the 211 and 5 for the 301)

So if you don't want the phone line bill just get a single receiver like the 612. My 622 is hooked up to the ethernet and have had no problems yet.

I thuink these fees are garbage. I hate fees. All fees are is way to collect additional unearned dollars from customers.
I have had angry people cancel because they felt they we're being nickle and dimed to death.

I'm just glad I don't have to pay full price for each receiver/tuner.
When I had C-band do one offered discounts for multiple receivers (not than many had 2 dishes setup, but one dish looking at G5 could get 90% of the stuff I watched)

At least it's only $5per receiver/tuner.

The CSR was wrong though. My DVR only has 1 tuner, and no DRV fee either. The 501/508 covers my needs just fine.

Well just for this thread, i will call my cell phone company and demand that they dont charge me 9.99 for the additional phone fee. Oh wait also I should call my insurance company to waive the additional fees for the other cars! Maybe that will work , Ill just tell them that direct tv doesnt charge for additional receivers. LOL

OHH OHHH when I go to the movies, ill tell them I should not pay for the additional person thats watching it with me :p because we all came in the same car :D

The dirty honest truth is.. of you dont like it.. simply get out? right?

put out(the cash) or get out.. lol no offense to anyone but its cruel reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts