Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Back in 2010, Brian offered these up, and I took them. Well, as usually happens, the plan I had for them went down in flames, and they have been sitting on the floor in the box since.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/227728-rack-mount-receivers-free-new-home.html

So I will pass them on with the same deal Brian gave me. If you want ALL of them, just pay shipping. If you want ONE, pay shipping for that. If you want TWO, ditto. If you want all five, I don't think I can get the same deal Brian did on shipping, might be closer to 35.00 for all of them. One or two I can ship USPS.

Remember these are rack mounted receivers, have no remotes, no instructions, no nothing except the receiver and a power cord. I haven't tested them, can't tell you a thing about them other than I opened the box, and that they are still in there...:D

What was your plan for them? Enquiring mind wants to know.

I had planned to fix a couple folks up with some G19 programming that didnt have anything else to watch, but once I got the boxes nobody wanted a dish on their house, or wasn't interested in the channels ( I couldn't get them Lifetime,HBO, or something similar, they overestimated FREE TV I guess..LOL)

Came in today and just to let you know that they work great and all three are now mount in my rack. Found that all had bad capacitors on both the power supply and mainboard other than no issues as everything can be programed by using the front panel buttons and only took a few minutes to it figure out.

The one sent to me arrived too and I tested it last night.
It works just fine for my purposes which will be to supplement 3 OTA signals at my dad's house.
Thanks again, stogie.

The one sent to me arrived too and I tested it last night.
It works just fine for my purposes which will be to supplement 3 OTA signals at my dad's house.
Thanks again, stogie.

You might open it up and check these capacitors as I found them needing replacement.

Power supply - 2 ea 2200uf 10v
Main Board - 3 each located next to power connector 1000uf 10v

Just check the tops to see if they've leaked or are pushed up.

You might open it up and check these capacitors as I found them needing replacement.

Power supply - 2 ea 2200uf 10v
Main Board - 3 each located next to power connector 1000uf 10v

Just check the tops to see if they've leaked or are pushed up.

Thanks for the tip sergei.
That's a simple enough task for me to perform in the next day or so.
I'll report back.

Attachments

• P1010980.jpg
    P1010980.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 211
Yes, the Main board 1000uf 10v capacitors are bulged or leaking.
No, the Power supply 2200uf 10v capacitors are not bulged or leaking.

I've got a Sencore LC53 capacitor tester that I used to check the one that wasn't bulged and they tested good but I went ahead and replaced them just because of the age and since I already had them open. If you replace them now then you know there won't be a problem down the road.

Failing capacitors is actually a major defect with these Traxis receivers. We had to replace over a hundred Traxis rack mount units within the first year and a half of service. The distributor wouldn't cover the repairs or shipping, so we stock piled in excess of 200 failed units and set to a local recycler.

Failing capacitors is actually a major defect with these Traxis receivers. We had to replace over a hundred Traxis rack mount units within the first year and a half of service. The distributor wouldn't cover the repairs or shipping, so we stock piled in excess of 200 failed units and set to a local recycler.

Now that really hurts....I could always use another 5 or 6 units to fill out the rack

All of the Traxis returns are now disposed of..... That project has been upgrade to the GEOSATpro DSR-R100 units and we don't expect returns on that stock..... ;)

All of the Traxis returns are now disposed of..... That project has been upgrade to the GEOSATpro DSR-R100 units and we don't expect returns on that stock..... ;)

By any chance you ever get anymore back or just find some hidden away can you keep me in mind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)