Almost no signal on G10R - dish size?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For the past few weeks I've been lucky to get a usable signal from G10R for even a few hours per day. Nothing changed with my setup in some time before then (Winegard DS2076 dish, Fortec Star quad-output LNB, two Coolsat 5000s and one Geosat Pro PVR). A couple of days ago, while I was getting a usable signal, I re-aimed the dish in case wind had somehow knocked it slightly out of alignment; a few hours later, I was back to a blank screen with occasional pixellation.

I'm in the Rochester, NY area and we're getting into winter weather here. Is the weather change just showing me the limits of what I can do with a 76 cm dish, or is there something else I can do? Thanks for any advice.

If at all possible, increase the size of the antenna. I would not use anything smaller than one meter for FTA. And since G10R is so low in the sky, check to see if trees are in the signal path. Good luck.

I live in southeast michigan and have the same dish you do. My signal levels on G10R are strong. 74% on 11720 and 11800; 82% on 11805.
This is just a wild shot in the dark but did your lnb frequency adjustment in your receiver for G10R perhaps get switched to a wrong setting? It should be 10750 for a standard lnb and 10600/9750 for a universal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts