New installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello to everyone.
I have been reading some of posts and have finally decided to place and order for a system from Sadoun the :
M-1Motorized CLASSIC Blind Search Choice Set: </B> This system will allow you to move the dish to several satellites to watch more channels. A powerful solution if your favorite channels are available over several satellites. The receiver's remote control will actually control the whole system for you. The motor gets its power from the same coaxial cable going to the dish, so no extra wiring is needed.
System Includes:
~ Fortec Star Lifetime CLASSIC NA FTA Digital satellite receiver
~ Digipower SG-2100 DiSEqC Motor
~ Fortec 31" FS80P Dish
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~ Universal mount that lets you put the satellite dish on your roof or exterior wall of your house. [/FONT]
~ Fortec universal 0.4dB Single KU LNBF.

I am looking for any good advise good or bad on this system.
I live in Melbourne Florida becouse of trees around my house I plan to cement a pole and secure it to the sofit at south face of my house , this should put me higher than my roof not too much higher but enougth to clear the trees and next door house. I understand the issuses with wind but other than that I like to know if this will work as far as finding the sats I like to go as far east and west as I can.
Should I spend a little more and get the 36" dish?
I would greatly appreciate any comments and like to thank everyone in advance.:)
Besides all the wild feeds I would like to receive all the networks and Spanish language stations I can.
Thanks again

welcome :wave

What you have there is a really good system. I personally would get the 90cm upgrade. Every little bit of dish size helps :)

with the little bigger dish you can get some weaker signals

Thank you Iceberg. I will be ordering the system I hope next Monday.

I personally would get the 90cm upgrade. Every little bit of dish size helps :)

with the little bigger dish you can get some weaker signals

I second the motion. What may seem like an modest increase in dish diameter can make a big difference. I recently upgraded from an 85cm dish to a 90cm. It doesn't look much bigger but when you do the math the surface area of the 90 is roughly 12% greater than the 85.

I haven't seen the signal Q of ONN drop below 99 since the upgrade, I can't recall ever seeing a Q in the 90s prior to the upgrade. (Pansat 3500)

There is more to dish performance than surface area of the reflector, but all other things being equal, bigger is better - even if it is only a few centimeters.

Outer New Orleans suburbs had the first freeze of the season last night. Not Metairie, though, we stayed in the upper 30s due to lake effect.

Hey TRON, you can move to the north side of the lake like us :D
At least new orleans has only two seasons (summer and january);)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts