Already have two leased HD Recv'rs (622 & 211) - Can I get more?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Already have two leased HD Recv'rs (622 & 211) - Can I get additional HD Recv'r?

Hi - I tried searching for this - but couldn't locate the answer - I am sure, it has been answered before, so I apologize.

I currently have a VIP 211 and a VIP 622 - both leased from DISH - I am about ready to add a third HD TV at home and ideally would like another HD receiver (ideally a 722) but would do with a VIP211, if I have to.... Can I add another one of these to my lease? I have been a customer for 10 months, if that makes a difference...

If lease is not an option, then do I just buy it on my own and get it activated - is that my best option?

Thanks

Last edited:
Only 4 tuners are allowed under a lease so you can get 1 more no 722 without giving up 211. You are supposed to be able to upgrade once every 12 months you still have 2 to go.

You can buy and upgrade anytime just expensive.

Last edited:
Only 4 tuners are allowed under a lease so you can get 1 more no 722 without giving up 211. You are supposed to be able to upgrade once every 12 months you still have 2 to go.

You can buy and upgtade anytime just expensive.

That is true but this is not a steadfast rule. I have 6 leased tuners on my account though my situation may have played a role in it. I already had a leased 622 and 942 with an owned 6000. When Dish moved voom to mpeg4 I was able to upgrade both receivers (942 and 6000) for two 622's giving me 3 622's though I did have to pay an upfront cost to be partially reimbursed via rebate at a later date. Still have not received rebate although I mailed form in August. My yearly lease term from the first 622 was not completed but I was allowed though before my term was 12 months while now my term is 18 months. The voom change over may have played a huge role though in my situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)