Already have two leased HD Recv'rs (622 & 211) - Can I get more?

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Already have two leased HD Recv'rs (622 & 211) - Can I get additional HD Recv'r?

Hi - I tried searching for this - but couldn't locate the answer - I am sure, it has been answered before, so I apologize.

I currently have a VIP 211 and a VIP 622 - both leased from DISH - I am about ready to add a third HD TV at home and ideally would like another HD receiver (ideally a 722) but would do with a VIP211, if I have to.... Can I add another one of these to my lease? I have been a customer for 10 months, if that makes a difference...

If lease is not an option, then do I just buy it on my own and get it activated - is that my best option?

Thanks

Last edited:
Only 4 tuners are allowed under a lease so you can get 1 more no 722 without giving up 211. You are supposed to be able to upgrade once every 12 months you still have 2 to go.

You can buy and upgrade anytime just expensive.

Last edited:
Only 4 tuners are allowed under a lease so you can get 1 more no 722 without giving up 211. You are supposed to be able to upgrade once every 12 months you still have 2 to go.

You can buy and upgtade anytime just expensive.

That is true but this is not a steadfast rule. I have 6 leased tuners on my account though my situation may have played a role in it. I already had a leased 622 and 942 with an owned 6000. When Dish moved voom to mpeg4 I was able to upgrade both receivers (942 and 6000) for two 622's giving me 3 622's though I did have to pay an upfront cost to be partially reimbursed via rebate at a later date. Still have not received rebate although I mailed form in August. My yearly lease term from the first 622 was not completed but I was allowed though before my term was 12 months while now my term is 18 months. The voom change over may have played a huge role though in my situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)