Alright, I'll be the first to bitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Voom was certainly charging more than $5 for the entire package.

I can't imagine Charlie bearing the expense of all of those HD transponders for $5/month.

He's got to be paying Cablevision for the right to carry them too. I would expect that charge to be more than $5/month alone for the entire package.

I would be shocked if the final price is as low as $9.99/month. What a bargain that would be. Each one of the premium movie tiers is higher than that, for far fewer channels.

According to the Dish website, they are saying the $5 is for the first 6 months, then it goes to $14.95, which I don't mind as long as they have the other 11 channels up by then.

I seriously doubt that Dish is going to put up the other 11 channels. In my opinion(which is worth what you paid for it) they broadcasting the 10 that are being watched the most. Just because its HD, doesn't mean that its being watched.

DarrellP said:
According to the Dish website, they are saying the $5 is for the first 6 months, then it goes to $14.95, which I don't mind as long as they have the other 11 channels up by then.

I assume that you are referring to this...

"DISH Network is now offering the DISH Network HD Pak PLUS the VOOM Originals Pak together for the low price of $5.00 per month for the first 6 months**. The package includes 10 VOOM HD Originals for a total of 15 great HD channels."

The footnotes say

"*For new, first-time residential customers only. Must subscribe to minimum of America’s Top 60 or DISH Latino to receive monthly programming credit. Customer must call to cancel HD at the end of 6 months or a $14.99 monthly charge will apply."

"**You may order DISH Network HD Pak by itself. However, VOOM Originals HD Pak is only available with a subscription to DISH Network HD Pak. Certain HD channels will require an additional dish antenna at a cost of $100 at the time of initial installation."

The footnotes could be better worded but this seems to indicate that the total for both packages together goes up to $14.99 at the end of 6 months for new subscribers; that's when the $9.99 charge for the HD Pak kicks in. Existing subscribers (like me) don't get the 6 month of the HD Pak for free so we're already paying $14.99. I've heard nothing from DISH to indicate otherwise.

Mario

Yup, that's what it means.

It singles out new subs so it may seem confusing but all it's talking about is the Combo price of voom and the dish pack for 6 months

Harry said:
26 channels for a mere $5.00? How about at least an additional $10. I'm betting the 26 channels will be $15.00 plus the HD Package $10.00 = $25/month for HD.
26 channels? Voom only had 21.

JimP said:
I seriously doubt that Dish is going to put up the other 11 channels. In my opinion(which is worth what you paid for it) they broadcasting the 10 that are being watched the most. Just because its HD, doesn't mean that its being watched.
I am a former Voomer and the 10 they picked were not the 10 most watched. I think they could have passed on HDnews, Ultra, Gallery and Animania, and put up, Family, Kung Fu, FilmFest and Vice.

Tom Bombadil said:
Voom was certainly charging more than $5 for the entire package.

I can't imagine Charlie bearing the expense of all of those HD transponders for $5/month.

He's got to be paying Cablevision for the right to carry them too. I would expect that charge to be more than $5/month alone for the entire package.

I would be shocked if the final price is as low as $9.99/month. What a bargain that would be. Each one of the premium movie tiers is higher than that, for far fewer channels.
My gut tells me $19.99 for the Voom Originals, $9.995 for the HD Pack or $24.95 for both.

kfried001 said:
I am a former Voomer and the 10 they picked were not the 10 most watched. I think they could have passed on HDnews, Ultra, Gallery and Animania, and put up, Family, Kung Fu, FilmFest and Vice.

They are showing Family HD, FilmFest and ViceHD on the two movie channels. The only one I have not seen yet are WorldCinema and Kungfu but I will not be surprised to see them. The movies are now 4 per day per channel instead of 2 per day per channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)