Alrighty... Is it time to take the HD plunge?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scrib

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
So I have the HDTV picked out... And I'm even willing to purchase the HD DVR. But then I've read that things "may" be coming in early August?

So do I buy now, or wait and see what happens in a couple weeks?

Or... Should I just get a DTV HD receiver (non-TiVo) and piggy back to my existing SD TiVo unit until the mpeg4 DVR comes out?

So... Should I buy tomorrow? August first? Or wait until the the end of the year???

I could also go over to Comcast as a temporary fix, but we built this house without any cable coming to the house. And I don't feel like having the cable guy trash my yard trying to bury a cable. ;)

Edit: And my market is Chicago... I already get the locals over my DTV dish.

Wait til Aug. 1st! Its only 21 days away and from what we are hearing, D* is going to provide some awesome incentive for new customers and HD subs. or if you want too you can get a reg. HD receiver and piggy back that SD Tivo, thats still a good idea IMO!

I'm surprised with only a couple weeks prior to August 1, there hasn't been any confirmation on what is actually going to "happen".

bah... This stuff gives me a headache.

geez

I really don't want to wait, but it sounds like the best play at this point. :(

I'm also waiting, at least until Aug. 1, to see what happens. I'm fed up with Comcast (all the "digital" channels haven't worked for a month, including my HD ones, and they say the next guy (the 5th guy, who is to show up Saturday) will fix it...this time for sure. :)

I keep going back and forth about buying an HD-Tivo, an HD receiver to piggyback my old Tivo off of, or just wait with some SD receivers until the MPEG 4 thing gets sorted out. (Ask me one day, I pick one thing, ask another day, you get a different answer :confused: ...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)