Alternative ways to watch Hell on Wheels

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Seems a little bit late but Dish just sent an email about a very rewarding offer.;)

DISH wants to make sure you can still watch Hell on Wheels. We have some very rewarding offers in place. Find out how to enjoy your shows on Amazon® and iTunes® on your computer or by streaming through your Xbox® PlayStation®, Apple TV® or Roku®. Call today at 1-888-581-1972 to learn more.

Thanks for being a valued DISH customer.

Sincerely,

DISH

I just got it too. I wonder if I should call in again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was on the fence about leaving Direct and going to Dish because of the whole AMC thing. Now I see from this forum that Dish is sending you guys emails and giving away credits to offset the cost of getting AMC shows. I'm really impressed with that. Yea it sucks AMC is gone but Dish is doing the best they can to make it right for their subscribers. That's awesome!

Ok, fellas. Is this ON TOP of the Roku/35/10 for 12...and after you received them?????

I, too, got the email, and gave them a call. I wasn't going to ask for a 2nd Roku. (They already showed having sent me one already, anyway.) I just asked the rep what "very rewarding offers" did they have for me to watch Hell On Wheels and other AMC shows. They offered a $5/mo x12 credit, which I gratefully accepted.

It's very odd seeing the tremendous generosity they are displaying with this whole AMC affair. It is not like them at all, based on historical behavior. But, it is greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you opt in to taking the post-CSR survey, it gives you an opportunity to record your opinions on improving your Dish service in 90 seconds. I used it to beg for stability and bug-fixes in the Hopper SW, the ability to choose my default program guide, and the ability to disable the nested channel feature. Other folks could use this as a way to ask for features or channels, or perhaps voice your displeasure at their refusal to carry the Olympic 3D channel, which I totally forgot to do. Doh.

Ok, fellas. Is this ON TOP of the Roku/35/10 for 12...and after you received them?????

My on top was initally Roku and 5 dollars for three months, when I recieved the email today and called for the heck of it they extended it for six months, I am very happy with this as I recently received multisport for half off and starz for half off both for six months, with some of the new sub credits I am very happy plus I think the Hopper system is great

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the loyalty dept. and was given a one time $35 credit. :)

Originally, I was told I could get ROKU, but told them I have an Apple TV. So, they gave me a one time $40 credit. So, this $35 credit is on top of the original credit from July.

Well out of curiosity I called and got a one time $30 credit to purchase the episodes via amazon.Very pleased with Dish's rewarding offers!

I got the email and called.

I was told I already received a free Roku and credits for Walking Dead. Therefore, I could not receive any additional credits.

I got this email, too. I didn't get the first one. I don't even subscribe to a package that formerly had AMC in it, so I don't know why I got it.

I was denied twice on chat, then told to call other times, so I might try again.

I had previously received a $20.00 credit for Breaking Bad.

I was honest and told the CSR that I didn't care about The Walking Dead and that I would stay with Dish regardless of the results, but that I had received the Email about Hell On Wheels and that I did watch that series.

She gave me a $35.00 credit. I'm happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)