Alternative ways to watch Hell on Wheels

I was just "granted" a Roku player, but no credit. Now I have to pay $3 +tax for each episode... maybe I'll cancel HBO to make up the slack since they don't have anything good on most of the time.

gpollock87 said:
yep. but i never got the 35 one time credit.

I never got a one-time credit at all. However, Dish was nice to offer monthly credits which end up actually being more than the one-time fee.

Last edited:
I was just "granted" a Roku player, but no credit. Now I have to pay $3 +tax for each episode... maybe I'll cancel HBO to make up the slack since they don't have anything good on most of the time.
In our household, there is always something good on HBO. Plus, with HBO GO, and now the expanded HBO OnDemand, which includes just about every episode of every show, HBO is a must-have for us.

Showtime is the one we drop when we need to lower costs. We just wait for the DVD's.

I never got a one-time credit at all. However, Dish was nice to offer monthly credits which end up actually being more than the one-time fee.

I was offered $10/Mo for 12 mo + the Roku. Got the Roku but I just looked at yesterday's statement. Surprise! No $10 credit. So I contacted Dish again and had to argue with them to get the discount. They showed no records of the discount and tried to tell me that the Roku was all i was going to get. They finally caved in but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up on next month's statement. The first time around I didn't have to argue at all, they offered both no problem, so I wonder why they would offer something that they're not going to follow through with? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was offered $10/Mo for 12 mo + the Roku. Got the Roku but I just looked at yesterday's statement. Surprise! No $10 credit. So I contacted Dish again and had to argue with them to get the discount. They showed no records of the discount and tried to tell me that the Roku was all i was going to get. They finally caved in but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up on next month's statement. The first time around I didn't have to argue at all, they offered both no problem, so I wonder why they would offer something that they're not going to follow through with? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We didn't receive any credits last time around.This time they offered the $30 one time.I just checked our dish account online and sure enough the credit has been applied!:high5:

Just got around to calling about this email and after being on hold for 10 minutes the CSR simply stated I could watch it on Hulu Plus. I asked her if that was it and she said yes. I inquired why would they waste my time to call and be on hold when they could have simply put this into the email.

Luckily I opted into the after call survey and was able to record my displeasure at the waste of time.

Just got around to calling about this email and after being on hold for 10 minutes the CSR simply stated I could watch it on Hulu Plus. I asked her if that was it and she said yes. I inquired why would they waste my time to call and be on hold when they could have simply put this into the email.

Luckily I opted into the after call survey and was able to record my displeasure at the waste of time.

If the csr quoted hulu+ as being able to watch any of the new episodes they were mistaken.Amazon or itunes are the only 2 online services I know of that offer new episodes of AMC shows.

I contacted Dish via chat and was told to send in my receipt after I purchased the season and they would give me a credit. Kind of a bummer I was hoping for the $5/mo x12 credit that was mentioned above.

I contacted Dish via chat and was told to send in my receipt after I purchased the season and they would give me a credit. Kind of a bummer I was hoping for the $5/mo x12 credit that was mentioned above.

Why is it a bummer. I mean..if you will watch the season no matter what...then you will buy it from Amazon/itunes. Just send that receipt to Dish & get it reimbursed. OR...did you mean just take the credit...but you dont watch AMC & its show anyway.

Why is it a bummer. I mean..if you will watch the season no matter what...then you will buy it from Amazon/itunes. Just send that receipt to Dish & get it reimbursed. OR...did you mean just take the credit...but you dont watch AMC & its show anyway.
It's pretty clear that the bummer is not getting $60 instead of the $30 or so it actually cost.

rarhead said:

I do not see any way this would work. If you attempted this, it would likely get you nowhere.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Additional to the email, today I got a postcard with the same offer.

Yep,got one in the mail today.Gotta give dish props one more time,they are really trying to make sure customers who liked the Amc shows are taken care of.Great way to prevent churn.

I got the email last week, and this thread reminded me to call. Unfortunately, I keep getting "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". Guess too many folks are calling in.....

I got the email last week, and this thread reminded me to call. Unfortunately, I keep getting "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". Guess too many folks are calling in.....

Is this the number you are trying to call?
1-888-581-1972

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)