ALTV is now SBN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Just checked 200 on my 410 and instead of colour bars it's something called SBN !

I just checked W5 603 and SBN is there too. Maybe Comcast is shuffling channels around making room for the Discovery channels :)

SBN...Sonlife Broadcasting Network?
Same channel that is on Directv and on KU (97W)

Yes, it's the Sonlife Broadcasting Network. I turned on my H2H system tonight for the first time in weeks only to discover that my MTV package has expired and the only channel I now receive is SBN and the DMX audio channels.

The GospelG listing on W5 603 is Motorola map corruption. The SBN channel is not mapped in on 4DTV's on X4. This channel being out there makes no sense to me unless they payed Comcast to carry it. I think it still has to do with getting ready for Discovery and they are using this feed as a test card. June is getting close. Need to check generics and see if something else springs up unmapped on 105 / X4.

This is my take on this...

When I first saw the Son Broadcasting Network on channel 200 I thought "Underdog", because the Son Broadcasting Network on Galaxy 16 often aired programming from Family Net and aired "Underdog" Saturday mornings at 9PM. When you go to America Life TV's website a top banner appears advertising that Family Net is now available in HD. I believe ALTV has some ownership / affiliation with Family Net and Son Broadcasting Network. So, instead of airing a test pattern they decided to air Son Broadcasting Network instead.

The GospelG listing on W5 603 is Motorola map corruption. The SBN channel is not mapped in on 4DTV's on X4. This channel being out there makes no sense to me unless they payed Comcast to carry it. I think it still has to do with getting ready for Discovery and they are using this feed as a test card. June is getting close. Need to check generics and see if something else springs up unmapped on 105 / X4.

Thanks.

The GospelG listing on W5 603 is Motorola map corruption.

I went to this channel (200) on a 410 about 5 mins ago and now the 410 is going crazy and just rebooting!!!

wallyhts said:
I went to this channel (200) on a 410 about 5 mins ago and now the 410 is going crazy and just rebooting!!!

Wow. Mine is on 200 right now and I'm not home. Hope it isn't going crazy when I get there! :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Working fine on W5 603 on the 922. The 410 should have had 200 removed when they stopped supplying ALTV but didn't. I bet the 410's maps have corruption too. Leave it to Motorola's quality programmers.

Last edited:
I had to remove power and coax.

Powered back up without coax all is good now.

Hope they are switching stuff around i want my discovery back!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts