Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I got the tuner today hooked it up but don't see any of my local channels. I did a reset to the receiver still nothing am I missing something??

Chris

Do you have your display settings set to show all?

Hi Chip,

Yes I do shows sd and HD channels. It still nothing. Or do I need to reboot again?

Thanks,
Chris

actually if you go into the menu settings (menu then settings) go to satellite and it should say "satellite and antenna"
then select it and antenna option says "initial setup" which allows you to enter your zipcode to load the database (the AM21 does not scan on the HR24)

I just hit Satellite and it just says view strength and repeat satellite setup I don't see antenna at all or do I need to hit setup??

Do this
power off receiver (unplug from a/c outlet). If its hooked up right the AM21 gets plugged into the wall and the HR24 is plugged into that
unplug the USB cable
wait 30 seconds
plug the USB cable back in to the HR24
plug back into the outlet

it should fix that and kick you into the initial setup option to put in the zip

Ok what I did was put the Directv ac into the tuner and put the wire into the receiver I will try that then.

I don't think you completed the antenna setup like Iceberg said. Hit menu, Setup & Help, Settings, Satellite & Antenna, Antenna Setup, Initial Setup. Then enter your zip code. That generates the data base for your area.

Thanks Raoul and Iceburg for your help today. Yea it was the USB plug that I need.

Thanks again,
Chris

A quick question I got the USB today. I had a question what is a good signal before it goes out?? With Dish it was 60 on up. Direct has a different signal meter. Looking for the weaker channels. So is 50 okay for a strength level? I know when a car or truck goes by I always lose the signal with most of the channels.

Thanks,
Chris

50 should be stable. I know a couple low low powered religious stations worked fine at 37-38 on that meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts