Am I Being Taken For?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can always spray paint over any logos to keep it not obvious what DBS company you are using.

That does not mean that there are not brokers on both sides of the border arranging fake address service locations for activation.
This is known as "accessory to a crime". To further assist the TS in perpetrating the crime also makes one a party to the crime.

From Wikipedia definition of accessory, subtopic Canadian law:
----8<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Criminal Code has several sections which deal with accessory to offences:

21. (1) Every one is a party to an offence who
(a) actually commits it;
(b) does or omits to do anything for the purpose of aiding any person to commit it; or
(c) abets any person in committing it.
(2) Where two or more persons form an intention in common to carry out an unlawful purpose and to assist each other therein and any one of them, in carrying out the common purpose, commits an offence, each of them who knew or ought to have known that the commission of the offence would be a probable consequence of carrying out the common purpose is a party to that offence.

I don't see any need to apologize. While it's on shaky ground it certainly is not a capital offense. I'm not at all surprised by the responses in this thread, it is pretty typical & predictable.
Just a bunch of hypocrites. Ask how to "move" so you can receive locals from another city and you'll get plenty of help ! No, it's not "illegal" (the police won't come arrest or cite you) but it is against the agreement that Dish has with the networks, specifically the local affiliates. People will justify it in that "Dish is still getting paid".

Reactions: ChadT41
Fake addresses are easy. Just Google any McDonalds or other fast food business in the U.S. and use that address. Use one that is near enough to your actual location so you can get the locals from that spotbeam. Detroit might be a good choice or Buffalo, whichever is closer.

Not the McDonalds in Ayden, NC! They have their satellite through Dish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but it is against the agreement that Dish has with the networks, specifically the local affiliates. People will justify it in that "Dish is still getting paid".
Are you the Dish "terms of service" police. Do you think they are stupid and do not know what people are doing when they change their service address a half a dozen times? THEY DONT CARE if you are PAYING the bill every month.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have three accounts with DISH ( mine, my parents and my aunt )and all of them are at different physical addresses that I "moved" to get better locals. I recently "moved" my main account to my actual service address for the summer, because we finally got ota CW in HD on our CBS sub channel. Leave it to DISH to screwup the software on my hopper and frack name based recordings on ota sub channels. IF it isn't fixed by the fall , I will be "moving" back to Houston to get CW in hd, that can be recorded over the sat with name based recording.

This is known as "accessory to a crime". To further assist the TS in perpetrating the crime also makes one a party to the crime.

Which is why all the "subs" get cut off when they bust a broker. I have not seen a case where a "sub" suffered more than loss of service.

Wise idea for the broker to collect a year's worth of programming fees in case of that too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Are you the Dish "terms of service" police. Do you think they are stupid and do not know what people are doing when they change their service address a half a dozen times? THEY DONT CARE if you are PAYING the bill every month.

Don't be so sure of that. That's all I am going to say about that.

(actually, will say something else. Dish won't do it knowingly, as the FCC can really give Dish a really hard time if they ever find them doing it knowingly.)

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

Don't be so sure of that. That's all I am going to say about that.

(actually, will say something else. Dish won't do it knowingly, as the FCC can really give Dish a really hard time if they ever find them doing it knowingly.)

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.
Well,all I can tell you, is when my TV aerial still worked, before it got struck by lighting, I had Dish and DirecTV both, and I would either call and talk to DTV to get my service address changed or chat with Dish, and I "moved" no telling how many times, any city I could see a spot beam from time to time, Huntsville, Mobile, Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Jackson, Knoxville, Tupelo/Columbus. So, either folks I talked to either don't care or are completely stupid, because I live in NW Alabama in the Birmingham DMA, and would have had to been a traveling salesman to move around that much. They can't "officially" say they know what you are doing, but they are getting PAID every month, so they don't really care.

So what special chit does Huntsville have that is better than Atlanta making you feel the need to "move" often?

So what special chit does Huntsville have that is better than Atlanta making you feel the need to "move" often?
Just to see different newscasts. Anyway, I don't "move" anymore, because there is nobody left around anymore that will climb towers to repair my aerial. I could probably find somebody but it would cost more than I am willing to put back into it no more than I used it.

To my knowlege no charges have ever been laid against a member of the public. The law was instigated and lobbied for by Bell, Rogers, Shaw et al as they have the Canadian rights to the programming. It's all about the money folks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.