Am I getting the BEST deal I can from Comcast???

Dawson9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
I know things are regional.. but I'm scheduled for an install on April 30th and want to make sure I'm getting the most BANG for my buck from them. I had them years ago and hated every minute I was with them. I then went to D* and then thankfully Voom came along.

Here's the deal I'm currently supposed to get on 4/30...
Motorola Dual HD/DVR (160GB??) with digital package and ALL movie channels. Second TV connected with just basic. No fees or installation
charges.... Supposedly $133.xx per month.. I'll be paying $55.45 per month for 1 year.

Btw, this is for Baltimore, MD. Is there anything better than this I should expect or ask for????

Thanks!
daVe

That actually sounds a little better than the deal I got, I'm paying roughly the same but my dish-by-back plan doesn’t go for a full year, sure yours does?

Yep..

Yeah.. the guy I'm e-mail states that that monthly price is for one year.. and after that we can negotiate from there. Not sure what to expect at that point, but hopefully some kinda VOOM 2.0 will be out by then.

daVE

Here's the deal i just received with Comcast....1HD DVR receiver, 1 SD box...Channels including, HBO, Cinemax, Starz....53.87 month plus tax + 29.99 install fee for 1 year...and no contract. i have to give them 1 "D' receiver and show them the v receivers since i was not willing to part with v receivers and i have not received a cancellation letter.

I identified myself as a sat customer, they want one receiver, I'm giving up a DTV one, no big deal its old. The deal was I get 2 HD receivers and one SD one plus HBO, for $45 a month for a year.

I just called ComCa$t, they want $62.95 per month for "Digital Plus" with HD. No discount for having a cable modem either. So here in north Orange county, Comcast is definately not worth it.

So far I got Digital Silver (all channels plus 1 premium package) with DVR/HDTV and HSI (High Speed Internet) for $79.99 for one year plus $100 cash towards the next 2 bills and $25 BestBuy gift card and free install.

Total coming out to be $71.65/month (without gift card). Pretty good deal I guess. Altough I'm still trying to convince the sales manager to throw in one more premium package.

I'm in Little Rock, AR.

I just got their Digital Premier package (Includes all the movie channels), HD DVR and second HD receiver for a total of $95.15 a month for the next 16 months (Dish buy back program $400 off for the next 16 months). Didn't have to turn any equipment in.

Benji

My Comcast deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right! I finally got a deal that is worth something. I was about ready to give up on everyone such as Dish, DirectTV and Comcast when I decided to call Comast one last time. I saw some previous posts about the "dish win back" offer or whatever it is called that is being offered by Comcast so I asked them about it and the CSR was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was the first one I have talked to at Comcast that has even mentioned this program.

Well this is what I am getting: Digital Plus package with free installation, 1 HD digital bo:mad:they are out of DVRs right now), and this will only cost me $24.99 a month for 12 months. It does go to the regular price($59.45 a month) after the 12 months but there is no committment involved during the first year or after. They are scheduled to install May 1st. Just thought I would let anyone know that might be interested. By the way, I live in Garland, Texas. (Dallas area)

just got off phone with comcast dallas got the drop the dish offer i will need to show voom statement but i got the gold package 1hd dvr 1hd receiver internet for $79.99 per month for one year I wanted to upgrade to the platinum but they dont let you do that

frankacon said:
just got off phone with comcast dallas got the drop the dish offer i will need to show voom statement but i got the gold package 1hd dvr 1hd receiver internet for $79.99 per month for one year I wanted to upgrade to the platinum but they dont let you do that

Yes, that's why I hate them so muuch. I'm on that same package. When I first called them I told them I wanted everything (the platinum package), they said they didn't have a deal for that one. Then I told them I wanted the faster internet package ($10/month more for 6Mbps vs 4Mbps), and they told me no problem... turns out it was a huge lie and that there's no way for me to get the 6Mbps service w/o breaking my "package". So if I want the platinum package + 6Mbps (aka a few extra movie channels and 2Mbps more, which is normally $10/month) my $79.99/month turns into $169.99/month. (Platinum + HD + DVR + 2nd receiver + internet). So more than double for only a few more extras! I hate them so much..

We STILL do not get CBS HD or the DVR in my area. They claimed that CBS HD was available before Superbowl XXXVIII. I started seeing Comcast DVR ads about 6 months ago and we don't have that either. So your deal is by far better than what I would get from Comcrap by any means.

Baltimore City Comcast ...You got a good deal Dave!

Dawson9 said:
I know things are regional.. but I'm scheduled for an install on April 30th and want to make sure I'm getting the most BANG for my buck from them. I had them years ago and hated every minute I was with them. I then went to D* and then thankfully Voom came along.

Here's the deal I'm currently supposed to get on 4/30...
Motorola Dual HD/DVR (160GB??) with digital package and ALL movie channels. Second TV connected with just basic. No fees or installation
charges.... Supposedly $133.xx per month.. I'll be paying $55.45 per month for 1 year.

Btw, this is for Baltimore, MD. Is there anything better than this I should expect or ask for????

Thanks!
daVe

Hi Dave,

Talk about coincidence. I am also getting Comcast installed in the 7:30 to 10:30 slot on Saturday the 30th of April (I guess Voom has something to do with the coincidence). I also went from Comcast (hated it) to Directv to Voom. There has been much confusion about the available deals available in Baltimore City and in Baltimore City vs Baltimore county. I think I got a similar deal through a direct sales person: Let's see, $29.99 for digital cable which gives you the Motorola dual HD DVR, plus $5 per month for each Movie Package (so that is 5 X $5 =$25). So that comes to $54.99 per month. I am paying and extra $9.95 x 2 =$19.90 to get two additional HD STBs without DVR for 2 additional HD TV sets. So that takes my total to $74.89 per month for a 3 HD STB (one with DVR ) installation. The guy also threw in one month of free movies packages ($25 off). All I needed to do was show a copy of my Voom bill to him (scanned and emailed to him though a fax would have done). After the year is up, (when the prices go up) I will go to Dish or Directv (if they get around to having better HD and allowing STB leasing) or I will milk the Comcast retention department for deal worth staying for if they have improved HD content. Wish it was Voom though! I just don't like the feel of being a Cable customer again but Comcast has more HD content than D* and E*.
Wayne

frankacon said:

I had to hang up and call back several times to get the deal I wanted.
1 hd receiver
2 reg receivers
gold package 1 year 39.95 mo (46 something including taxes)
I called back a few days after that and told them a friend down the street has the same deal as me but they have a free dvr (big ole lie) so they upgraded me to a hd dvr for free. I'm in dallas :clap

Best deal in my area was digital + starz for free for 3 months. Then the price jumps up to whatever the normal price is. I figured I'd only go comcast on a temp basis while I consider which Sat service to jump to so i didnt push the issue.

Comcast Deal, Pacifica, CA

$79.99, includes the platinum package (everything they've got) plus HD and cable internet service, for three months. Then $103 for the remaining nine months. Hardware includes 1 hd receiver, 2 standard receiver and the cable modem. Free installation for everything.

The cable internet sealed the deal for me.

Wally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)