Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Certainly I am in fact hallucinating, but then I got to thinking, which we all know is even more dangerous. Today my new dish and first MPEG4 receiver arrived for the pending addition of HD locals to the Denver market on the 28th of June. I have been watching and enjoying a ton of the FIFA games on my HD TiVo and the games actually looked better today on the newly installed H20.

The only logical reason I could gather is simulcasting of the HD lineup, which I have heard nothing about, nor read on this forum. I am open to any thoughts or knowledge that you might have.

EDIT: Oh and I wanted to add that the Ironwood installer who was here did say they are expecting the MPEG4 DVR within the next 30 days and that is consistant with what I heard from retention this last weekend. Of course it is not like these are great "sources" I am just sharing the rumors that I have been told.

Last edited:
slacker9876 said:
...and the games actually looked better today on the newly installed H20.

You're not hallucinating :)
The H20 has the best picture quality from any receiver I've viewed.
Hopefully the HR20 is just as good or better.

I was watching the USA get knocked off in the morning on the TiVo, then both of the afternoon games back and fouth. While they did look better, it would be nice if D* could be convinced to run full bitrate versions of all HD in MPEG4 just so it could be seen by all us geeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)