Am I supposed to be able to hook up my Dish Network Receiver to the AV Receiver?

FYI - The Yamaha RXV773 is on sale for $479 at Newegg.

Awesome but that's even more money for more stuff that I have no need for or can't use.
Hell, I can't even get the simplest ones to work for me :(

By the way, the 1122-k DOES play the Dish DVR although there's something funky with the sound. Like there's a bad connection.

I was wondering if this amplifier will somehow allow me to use an external eq?
No, it will not. It is only what it claims to be...a headset amplifier. You are not going to be able to use an external Equalizer with a 5.1/7.1 AVR. You are going to have to buy a higher end AVR with digital EQ, such as the earlier mentioned Yamaha.

Alright guys, I thought I'd post an update.

I gave up on the Denon and ordered a Pioneer 1122-k

Well, I plugged everything up and it worked like charm...but wait, there's more.

I turn it off and the next day, I turn it on and I get sound but NO picture from the dish source.

I have to unplug and plug the cable back in again. This happens just about every time.

Pioneer blames it on the cables and said to go and look for hdmi connectors that are a little thicker.

Now, IF I don't unplug them, why the hell would this happen every time?

Mind you, it COULD be that I'm somehow messing everything electronic up with my magnetic field or something, but I don't know.
I DO know that I have so much stuff happening I never get a chance to use my stuff and I call my house the Twilight Zone but if this is
not going to work, I'll just call it quits and go back to my analog Denon which always worked.

The Pioneer was an open box so I'm sending it back, hoping there IS something wrong with it but now I have to find
another one where they have full return options. Newegg had new ones for just a few dollars more but now they're out of
stock and the model has been discontinued. I can't seem to catch a break.

Maybe I should try a Yamaha (Yammi :) and see how that goes but dammit, I'm tired of this :(

George

So what's the problem Gary? We build f'ing space stations but we can't amplify a signal going to the tv...really?

No, we can't seem to amplify a signal to your TV, just about everyone else is working fine. It could be as simple as the sequence in which you turn your equipment on and off, although I doubt it. A while back in this thread I tested my sequence. It went like this: Power on to Hopper, Sharp LED TV, Denon. Power off to Denon, Sharp LED TV, Hopper. I did test every possible sequence and everything worked just fine every which way, so that is why my doubt. There definitely is an HDMI handshake issue in your setup. You've traded AVR receivers and still have them. You go directly from your 622 to the Sharp and it works OK. That isolates to your HDMI cabling in my book. If I were you, I'd go to Amazon and buy a pair of these cables. I use them and all works peachy neato. Hook them up and see if that fixes your issue. I simply believe you have a mix of cabling that isn't talking together well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00316263Y/?tag=satell01-20

It'll cost you $10, plus shipping if you don't have Prime, but I have a sneaking suspicion that your issues will be gone when you invest in it....

I agree with Bobby. I have come across 2 HDMI cables that weren't reliable. And another brand/model so stiff it was useless- wouldn't stay plugged in.

Alright guys, we're going to find out if it's the cables. I ordered three of the ones Bobby suggested and bought
a 25' DVI to HDMI cable for my puter.

IF I plug the dvi/hdmi to the receiver, will I get sound AND picture from the computer on the tv
or do I have to go straight to the tv?

Also got some banana plugs so I don't have to screw the speaker cables in every time I have to test something.
So, no shipping cost. Only thing is amazon is super slow to ship when they fulfill.

I also bought the Yamaha 373 from Newegg this morning so we'll see.

Thanks guys and I'll keep you posted.

George

I also bought the Yamaha 373 from Newegg this morning so we'll see.

Thanks guys and I'll keep you posted.

George

Sign up for a least a trial of Amazon Prime. If you have a streaming device (like Roku) , its' free video selection makes it more than worth it.

I have the WD TV.

What can I stream? I've seen damn near everything there is to see...

I check out the schedule on dish and rarely do I found something (like a movie at least) that I haven't seen :(

I have the WD TV.

What can I stream? I've seen damn near everything there is to see...

I check out the schedule on dish and rarely do I found something (like a movie at least) that I haven't seen :(
First, I accidentally deleted you quote about slow Amazon fulfillment That's why I brought up Amazon Prime 2 day free shipping. The video is just a bonus. Have you even checked it out before???

DVI is video only. A DVI to HDMI will require a separate audio run.

So, if I hook the dvi/hdmi cable to my receiver, I WILL get picture from my computer, right?
Can I then hook up the sound from my sound card to the receiver too?

First, I accidentally deleted you quote about slow Amazon fulfillment That's why I brought up Amazon Prime 2 day free shipping. The video is just a bonus. Have you even checked it out before???

I have, when I considered getting the new kindle fire which is why I said I'm not sure there's much I want to stream. I DO watch a lot of tv and movies.

I'd like the faster shipping but it's against my damn principles to may MONEY to get it faster. Ie, the premium fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)