Am I weird? Just spent to weeks trying linux os's

I got tired of Manjaro breaking if you dare to try to automatically update it without reading the forums first to see what manual intervention is required. Also, since it shares a drive with a non-Arch-based distro, I got tired of the other distro's GRUB-configuration routine failing to recognize that Arch loads CPU firmware by GRUB instead of a kernel module and producing a broken GRUB configuration whenever I updated the kernel in the other distro. But I still wanted a rolling distro, especially since KDE is updating almost constantly. So I installed OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. It updates even more often, and more files at a time, than Manjaro, but has yet to break anything when I tell it to update everything. Most likely because SUSE has a bigger dev team with decades of experience.

Reactions: HipKat and Comptech
I got tired of Manjaro breaking if you dare to try to automatically update it without reading the forums first to see what manual intervention is required. Also, since it shares a drive with a non-Arch-based distro, I got tired of the other distro's GRUB-configuration routine failing to recognize that Arch loads CPU firmware by GRUB instead of a kernel module and producing a broken GRUB configuration whenever I updated the kernel in the other distro. But I still wanted a rolling distro, especially since KDE is updating almost constantly. So I installed OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. It updates even more often, and more files at a time, than Manjaro, but has yet to break anything when I tell it to update everything. Most likely because SUSE has a bigger dev team with decades of experience.
The last update really did a lot of breaking with Manjaro. I mean it was just annoying and frustrating so after a lot of research, Arco was the one I chose and I really do like it, a lot. It is more Advanced user than Manjaro but I'm having fun learning it. It's definitely faster than Manjaro but less user-friendly as far as themes, for example. One thing I like is the dev, Erik has walkthroughs on any issues and processes you could hope for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts