AM21 Has to be Reset Daily

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
For the month or two, every time I tune to an OTA channel on the AM21 for the first time in a given day, I get the signal loss error. Almost always, my signal is fine straight to the TV. I'll reset the AM21 by unplugging the USB from my main receiver (HR22), waiting a few seconds, then plugging it back in. That will usually hold for the day, and I'll have to repeat the process the next day. I've tried resetting everything and running the setup again with no luck. I understand support for the AM21 has come to a stop, so I haven't bothered contacting DirecTV. Any ideas on what might be triggering this problem?

I have no real idea, only a guess. The tuners in the AM21 probably aren't as good as your television, and just won't render a picture with the same signal level. Resetting somehow allows the AM21 to finally display a picture.

I'm not sure they every really supported the AM21, they didn't want it in the first place but I think they were forced into having one built after the public told them about it.

Had they had thier way, there wouldn't even be an AM21 ...
They were implementing thier Sat locals at the time and expected that to be good enough.

Try a different USB cable if you can. I had a printer that would lose connection and I had to pull the cable. Turned out the cable had a loose fit. Replaced it and no more issues.
Good call .... I have replaced mine on my units previously too.

Op, make sure you get the correct USB cable ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)