Remote for Directv & TV & Soundbar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I have a Genie HR44 connected to Vizio TV and Sharp Soundbar. However, the Directv remote, both the new small one or the old larger one cannot control all three. Al I need is the on/off of all three, volume for the soundbar, and normal DTV keys. Has anyone here found a reasonably priced remote, less than $30, that will do all three devices.

you can try turning on CEC (sends vommands over hdmi) on each unit
its how i use my remote to control my tv and avr with the directv remote

if you use an optical cable from your TV to the soundbar you should be able to get the remote to turn on and change volume of soundbar without even have to program it explicitly for the soundbar. might ahve to monkey around with TV settings though.

I have CEC enabled. It works for turning on the three components; the TV, the Genie, and the Sharp soundbar. However, the remote won't adjust the volume of the soundbar or turn it off.

Weird. The only way I can get to get my Denon receiver and HR44 to communicate properly is basically not have them communicate:
I have to turn the HDMI CEC off on everything...
then getting the settings just right in the Menu >> Settings >> Remote Control and finding the way to make it control the volume on the on the Denon receiver...
Power strip that powers off certain things when the TV is powered off (via the "off" button on the Directv remote)...
Denon and subwoofer power off with TV.
That is the only way i got it to work the way I am understanding the TS/OP to want it to function.
Not even the installer could get it to work properly with the RC71, so I have the RC65RX which controls the Directv receiver and basic functions on both TV and Denon, something else the RC71 couldn't do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts