possible to copy recordings from hr-24 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
can any recordings from my ird be copied to a computer or external hard drive?

can any recordings from my ird be copied to a computer or external hard drive?

You can copy them real time by using the analog hole. Connect the analog output from the HR24 to a video capture device. Use software that is compatible with the video capture device to record to the computer. Component cables will get you HD. Composite cables will get you SD. If you have 100 hours of shows you want to copy it will take at least 100 hours of DVR/PC time to do it. Hauppauge makes several products that would let you get HD video into a computer (the HD PVR’s and the Colossus’s).

You do not own the shows on your DVR. What you want to do may not be covered by fair use, in which case you are breaking laws. Use the steps in the above explanation at your own risk.

Reactions: rdehaven
you can copy your internal drive to another drive using a computer, maybe to get a bigger hard drive, or as a backup, but the recordings can be only viewed in the receiver that made those recordings, they are encrypted/married to the receiver. (you can't play them on a computer).

You'll need a computer with two SATA ports and Linux, the receivers use a filesystem called XFS, there are some posts on the "other" DBS forum about this.

I have upgraded my HR22s from 500GB to 1T drives, and my HR44 from 1T to a 2T drive, I even backed up my HR24 to an external USB drive.

Another (albeit pain-in-the-a**) way would be to play it on your DVR and record it to a DVD-RW using a DVD recorder, then use your computer to convert the file on the DVD-RW to something like MP4.

I assume the HR units have to be active to view the recordings? I remember the old HR10-250 TiVo units didn't have to be active to view recorded content.

its been said that you can disconnect the unit from the sat and still view the recordings
it will last anyplace from a few hours to a week
its random

its been said that you can disconnect the unit from the sat and still view the recordings
it will last anyplace from a few hours to a week
its random
DON'T unplug the power to it if your gonna try this .... every time I unplug mine (to move to RV) I no longer can view.
Of course, all is well once I set up the RV dish.

Reactions: harshness
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)