AM21 Mapping Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I have a HR21-100 with the AM21 OTA module. It appears the only way to get OTA channels is by entering your zip code and letting Directv map what they think you are supposed to get.

There's 2 channels in my DMA (Denver, CO) that are missing/mapped incorrectly from Direct's data. I called Direct but they didn't know what to do so I figured I would post it here.

OTA digital 18-1 is mapped correctly to 6-1 KRMA
BUT
OTA digital 18-2 is missing and not being mapped to 6-2

OTA digital 29-1 is not mapped to 25-1 KDEN. Instead it shows 29-3 in the guide and it won't receive that signal since it is incorrectly mapped.

I have a HR21-100 with the AM21 OTA module. It appears the only way to get OTA channels is by entering your zip code and letting Directv map what they think you are supposed to get.

There's 2 channels in my DMA (Denver, CO) that are missing/mapped incorrectly from Direct's data. I called Direct but they didn't know what to do so I figured I would post it here.

OTA digital 18-1 is mapped correctly to 6-1 KRMA
BUT
OTA digital 18-2 is missing and not being mapped to 6-2

OTA digital 29-1 is not mapped to 25-1 KDEN. Instead it shows 29-3 in the guide and it won't receive that signal since it is incorrectly mapped.

You are correct about how it works.
The data comes from a company called Tribune, who recive it from the stations. When things are incorrect, sometimes it's an error by Tribune but a lot of the time it's a mistake by the station itself.
The quickest way to solve this problem is usually to call the station engineer and tell him that the Tribune data seems to be incorrect. You can also contact Tribune, see Give Us Feedback - Zap2it

Thanks for the info! I went to that site and indeed it is incorrect there. I sent them a message about it. I'll also contact the stations involved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)