AM21 off air tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjfeo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Indiana
When "moving" does it affect locals from an AM21? I know the locals will change to the service address, but will the guide still get the local programming from the AM21?

BTW, I new to the forum. Hello all!

Last edited:
OK thanks. That is good to know. I have other questions about moving, but I will save them for now.

doesnt matter if you're illegally gaming the system so you can get stations from another market (yes I know what "moving" means), unless you somehow have your antenna in that market, you'll still only get the stations for where you live with the AM21. The AM means Antenna Mode.

Interesting. So you couldn't put say San Francisco as one zip code (if you really lived there) for the AM21 outside antenna and then move with D* to say New York and use a NY zip code? I've heard you can put in two zip codes. Would that work?

Interesting. So you couldn't put say San Francisco as one zip code (if you really lived there) for the AM21 outside antenna and then move with D* to say New York and use a NY zip code? I've heard you can put in two zip codes. Would that work?

What part of the AM21 only receives channels from the antenna and not the dish did you not understand? Its basically just like hooking the antenna directly to your TV.

What I don't understand is I've read here that you could put in two zip codes. So putting in 94143 and 10001 won't work? Fair enough.

Thanks.

What I don't understand is I've read here that you could put in two zip codes. So putting in 94143 and 10001 won't work? Fair enough.

Thanks.
Yes you can put in two zip codes, but they have to be neighboring or overlapping markets (DMA's) that you can receive with an antenna. The satellite signal has nothing to do with the AM21, other than the integration of the guide data.

Yup! Unless you "MOVE" to NYC with DirecTV. :D

So then you'd have to use your outside OTA antenna directly to the TV (as long as it has the digital tuner), since the D* box won't do both NY and your OTA locals.

At least there's a way. It's too bad you couldn't get both NY and the OTA locals all through one box / guide, etc. Oh well. :cool:

So then you'd have to use your outside OTA antenna directly to the TV (as long as it has the digital tuner), since the D* box won't do both NY and your OTA locals. At least there's a way. It's too bad you couldn't get both NY and the OTA locals all through one box / guide, etc. Oh well. :cool:

Yup, that's what I'm doing right now. I'm using indoor antennas tho. Getting a AM21 has been on my to do list, I've just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I "think" they have antennas that can hook up to satellite dishes and you can watch locals on your box. But I don't know how they work or how good they work???

Yeah I still have an old school OTA antenna that pulls in my locals and that line is ran into my house if I ever want to use it.

My concern about "moving" to a new market is that I'd lose my local RSN. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah I still have an old school OTA antenna that pulls in my locals and that line is ran into my house if I ever want to use it.

My concert about "moving" to a new market is that I'd lose my local RSN. :eek:

So "subscribe" to Sports Pack and the out of market package for the sport(s) you want to watch.

If you're going to do illegal activities its pretty dumb to brag about it online...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)