AM21 off air tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So "subscribe" to Sports Pack and the out of market package for the sport(s) you want to watch.

I'm pretty sure the "sports pack" blocks out the MLB games, so that wouldn't work and I don't watch to watch every team with MLB-EI. It's not really worth it to me.

If you're going to do illegal activities its pretty dumb to brag about it online...

I never said I was going to do it. However I like to research things and see what "can" be done. :D

:D :D :D

I'm pretty sure the "sports pack" blocks out the MLB games, so that wouldn't work and I don't watch to watch every team with MLB-EI. It's not really worth it to me.

I never said I was going to do it. However I like to research things and see what "can" be done. :D

:D :D :D

"Moving" to a new market is not illegal. It violates the DirecTV terms of service and could get your service terminated. You will not get prosecuted. You are not stealing anything, you are still paying for ther service. My buddy just "moved" he said it was incredibly simple. Our markets aren't in HD, and he couldn't get them all with an antenna. He "moved" to get networks in HD, then uses an antenna to get a couple of the locals he can get.

Thanks everyone for the answers. My main question was with "moving" and if I would be able to use the AM21 to pick up local stations (which it does) and if they would show up in the guide, because my wife was complaining about not being able to see the local news and she doesn't want to switch from HDMI input to the TV tuner.

Thanks everyone for the answers. My main question was with "moving" and if I would be able to use the AM21 to pick up local stations (which it does) and if they would show up in the guide, because my wife was complaining about not being able to see the local news and she doesn't want to switch from HDMI input to the TV tuner.

If you programmed your local zip code into the settings of the AM21, then yes you'd still be able to watch your locals with an antenna through your DVR without switching your TV's input settings. I do it all the time.

If you programmed your local zip code into the settings of the AM21, then yes you'd still be able to watch your locals with an antenna through your DVR without switching your TV's input settings. I do it all the time.

Thanks Tom (fellow Lions fan). I am from Saginaw, but we escaped in 1983... LOL

I want to be sure I understand how the AM21 works.
We live in Indiana, but we are in the Cincinnati, OH market. We get Indianapolis channels over the air, but we do not get very good reception of Ohio channels over the air. Our zip code joins zip codes that are in the Indianapolis market.
If we get an AM21 & enter one of the Indianapolis market zip codes, will we still get the Ohio channels off of the dish & have both Indiana & Ohio channels in the guide?

I could get a lot of people to get Directv in our town if this would work. We have an awful cable system in town.

It's not that hard to understand - just input a zip code out of the Indy market, then input a secondary zip out of the Cinny market & they'll both be there. It walks you thru all this when you set the tuner up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)