AM21N + HR34 Question (Shared Channels w/ other Receivers - Whole Home)???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can you hide/show channels that appear in the C31 guide INDEPENDENTLY of the HR34 receiver or are the channels exactly "mirrored" on the C31 as they are selected (shown/hidden) on the HR34?
yes. I use to have a install pdf (lemme try and find it) and I remember it saying you can copy the settings or not

that pdf I use ot have is no longer around but I found this tidbit

Another nice feature of all RVU boxes is that you can copy settings from another box, including the HR34 itself. This means you don’t have to redo your favorites lists and other common settings.

so you have the option to copy them with one button or you can set up a totally different list

Thanks for the info Iceberg. I went ahead and ordered the C31 to replace my H25. I'm not concerned about losing the 1 tuner since I also have an HR24 to my 'Whole Home' set-up....but the trick play DVR functions along with getting my local sub-channels via the AM21N (through the HR34) was a bigger factor than losing a measly single tuner.

I'm just hoping that changing the channels and scrolling through the guide is not as painfully slow and crippling as some C31 users have stated. Took a gamble and I hope it pays off.

The HR34 (and H25 for that matter) require a swm system. They won't work with a standard lnb unless there is a swm8/16 in the setup.

Looking to the answer to part of the original question...Will the HR34 work with an unsupported router/etheret "whole home" set up? I recently added a swm for the dish side of things but have had the unsupported whole home set up since it was free & beta testing.

I would imagine so. IIRC, someone posted that they have unsupported mrv with their HR34.

correct me if I am wrong all you would have to do is record your OTA on your AM21N/HR34 and you would then be able to view it on any TV in your house.

You are correct - as long as all receivers are "shared" on the same network.

correct me if I am wrong all you would have to do is record your OTA on your AM21N/HR34 and you would then be able to view it on any TV in your house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)