Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
US
Hey all, not able to find any similar post on this issue:

I have been using the following setup for years, other than changing LNB's

Pansat 3500
31" Motorized
WS International ESX521 LNB
Geographical Location is 86.9W x 34.3 (north AL)

I have noticed in the past couple months that if I do a blind scan on AM3, it will pick up the 2 main transponders (11735 & 11775), but will only pick up the color bar channels on TP 11775, but will not pick up the 2 channels on TP 11735.

I can enter the channel info manually for 11735 and all works well.

Today, I noticed that the two channels in question will lock with a Level of 80 and Signal around 60+, then after just a minute or two they unlock dropping to Level 23 and Signal 0. Most times I can move the dish to another bird and return and they will again lock for a minute or two.

I have tried replacing the LNB with another new one, same brand with no change.

No other isses with any other bird or TP, TP levels are 80+ and some signals high as 99...

Anyone else experiening anything similar?

Thanks All

then after just a minute or two they unlock dropping to Level 23 and Signal 0
My 3500SD will do similar if the dish isn't aimed perfectly. It will actually show a high Q, then drop to 0, It may alternate between the two like every 2 seconds at times.

I have noticed in the past couple months that if I do a blind scan on AM3, it will pick up the 2 main transponders (11735 & 11775), but will only pick up the color bar channels on TP 11775, but will not pick up the 2 channels on TP 11735.

I can enter the channel info manually for 11735 and all works well.

My Pansat 3500SD does the same, most times on a blind scan it won't find 11735, but the channels are always still there. Signal quality about the same as you list below.

Today, I noticed that the two channels in question will lock with a Level of 80 and Signal around 60+, then after just a minute or two they unlock dropping to Level 23 and Signal 0. Most times I can move the dish to another bird and return and they will again lock for a minute or two.

The blind scan issue and the signal drop you are experiencing probably are two separate issues. As I said above, my signal quality is similar to yours, but I don't have the dropout you mention. As Fat Air mentions, if the dish isn't aimed perfectly, there can be dropout (a little wind, etc.), which is perfectly natural. But in your case, what concerns me is the signal level dropping to 23. Whenever I have seen this, it is a power issue (LNB not getting the power needed). Check you coax connections, switches, examine for water damage, etc. Also check the coax to the LNB and motor when you move the dish and see whether when moving to 87 or away from it whether the coax is being pulled/pushed/whether which could cause an other than perfect connection.

Good luck!

Another Bamian! , PM me if you want some help with your setup. Sounds like you're close by, might be interesting to connect another receiver to your dish/motor and see if it has the same symptoms, though I suspect the aiming or possibly connectors/cables may be the answer.

I appreciate the feedback Fat Air and Keith. Yeah, I have been running same setup for a number of years, the dropping issue has stopped on it's own, maybe they were doing things on their end and I posted to soon. I've tried tweaking the dish, to make sure it hasn't loosened over the years, I can find nothing wrong with the coax either, ran ohm and voltage test on both of them and it is norm coming from STB. I wonder if the old SG-2100 might be causing the problem?, like a flat spot on the shaft or something and it isn't stopping exactly right on that position?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)