Amateur Mistake.

Captain Midnight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
Well I finally got the BUD up at the new house and quickly realized my mistake. Gonna have to move my post back away from the fence... I feel silly.

Attachments

• 20220604_193500.jpg
    20220604_193500.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 176
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA and c-spand
Well I finally got the BUD up at the new house and quickly realized my mistake. Gonna have to move my post back away from the fence... I feel silly.
How much cement is holding the pole/pipe? If it's pushing 500+ - 1,000lbs, just get a taller pole/pipe the next size up from the one installed now. Fit it over the pole/pipe you have now, and drill and bolt through to hold it. I've done it myself.

What's that you say, it'll be too large to fit the polar mount over it? Well, at the top of the larger taller pole, just get a short section 1 or 2ft of the right sized pole/pipe to fit the polar mount, and have it welded very well all around.

Cool, your dish is now tall enough to clear the fence. Sure beats all the work it'll take to replant that pole...

TEK2000 use to have sleeves that would allow you to add an extra section of pipe. I think they're still in business.

Reactions: k.r. and FTA4PA
I second the solution to use a sleeve. Hopefully, you have extra slack in your cables.

Looks like another foot taller would clear the fence.. The wood fence won't completely block the signal either, but likely enough to make a difference. Maybe trim the fence?
Nice trees to your east, guess reception in that direction will be limited as well.