4dtv big mistake

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoldenDogLover

Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
I did a master reset (without meaning to) have no zero nothing locations of anything now, have no clue where anything is can somebody HELP me reload the receiver or tell me what to do??? Thank you so much.

I guess part of it is too late as this one says to record your sats beforehand, but looks like it talks about how to get things back:
How to Perform a Master Reset

I've had to re-load some of my sats, just set the channel to one that you receiver and then start moving east (or west) slowly until you get that channel.. then peak the dish.. at least that's how I did a couple on mine..
likely someone with more experience will chime in.

good luck
paul...

First thing to do is find G1 channel 3. Look for ARTS on channel 5 in analog to find G1 set polarity and position then put it on channel 3 look for DC light and let it download the channel maps, about 30 minutes. Wait for channel count of 4851. Then you set the limits and reprogram in the birds, position, polarity etc. Don't be overwhelmed, do it step by step and you be back up and running in a couple hours.

Once you get G1, motor west, on channel 9 or 10, and get C4 programmed in as well. The receiver uses the distance between G1 and C4, to estimate where all the other birds are located in the arc. Then pick the other birds you want from the sat table, and the receiver will give you the count to move the dish to for each one. It's usually pretty accurate.:)

Thank you but right now I'm having a heck of time finding anything other than snow or a black screen....I really did it up this time but I shall keep trying, not only did I hit the reset BUT I had to move the unit and it's probably messed up from my "reconnecting"....this will sure keep me busy.

Good luck with this. My 920 is currently with ATS (hopefully to be repaired). I took pictures of where all the wires were connected, so hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting it all set back up. If they can't get it working, I'll have to start looking for a new 4DTV. I didn't get to write down any satellites before the thing froze, so I'm guessing I'll get to do all of this as well when (if) it comes back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)