Amateur question, some help please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ewjones1982

Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hey all,

I was planning on bringing an old spare 18" dish to my tailgate, and was wondering if I could hook the 18v directly from the lnb to the back of a single reciever, or would i need the 4x4 multiswitch and run the 13v and 18v to it to power a single reciever?

Thanks for the help.

Hey all,

I was planning on bringing an old spare 18" dish to my tailgate, and was wondering if I could hook the 18v directly from the lnb to the back of a single reciever, or would i need the 4x4 multiswitch and run the 13v and 18v to it to power a single reciever?

Thanks for the help.

As Fan said, we have a tailgating thread already, but... You just need your dish and the receiver. Post in the other thread if we can be of more help.

:cool:

Hey all,

Thanks for the help.
Your receiver produces the voltage not the dish. The receiver produces 18 volts to select 1 polarity and 12 volts for the opposite polarity. All you need is 1 receiver 1 cable from the receiver to 1 dish.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)