Amazon Android App Store now live

Scott- works on Verizon with my new Thunderbolt. I just used the voice command "go to amazon mobile apps" and I was there! :) The android voice commands work really well on this phone.

Check out step 2 which says AT&T does not support it. Amazon.com Message

Well that's because AT&T is run by jerks that require Google phones to only allow approved Market apps. So really, it's AT&T branded Android Phones that can't run it (unless you root your phone,) not that the files can't be transferred over AT&T's network.

The App works great on my GTab and DX; got Rio on both; and today a WSOP game, normally $4.99, today free.

But there are reports if you uninstall the Amazon App store, the "free" apps you got will no longer work. No biggie, I am fine with having it on my devices, not that big of a deal. Only thing, you gotta make sure you don't buy something you ALREADY own through the Google marketplace. Its not like it checks. :)

Today's free app is "Shazam Encore". They do offer a free version already and to be honest, I'm not sure what the paid version offers over the free one !

There may be some other subtle difference but the big one is the free version is limited to 5 tags a month I believe, the paid version is unlimited. The free version used to be unlimited before they discovered they could make some cash off of it and came up with Encore. I bought the paid version when I first got my Evo, one thing though, the company that owns Shazaam is based overseas, the UK I think, and with Android there is no centralized system so Bank of America hit my credit card with a 13 cent ‘international transaction fee’.

Yeah, as of a few months ago, the free version went to a limit of (5) tags per month. If you used the app before that date though, it remains unlimited. My wife's phone and my phone are "grandfathered" in... :) Is that the only difference ?

ok, so im trying this amazon app store
tried downloading some free apps, but it keeps wanting payment info in my account
if the app is free whats it want this for?
not liking it so far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts