Amazon begins deliveries to US and UK customers on a Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not surprise me to see them offer same day delivery on some items in the future.

They already do in some locations.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117750

Local Express Delivery Ordering Deadlines

When you order using Local Express Delivery before certain cut-off times, your items will be delivered the same day. If the order is placed after the deadline, your order will be delivered the next business day.
For same day delivery, you can usually order as late as the times below. Product detail pages will specify ordering deadlines for eligible items, which can be delivered up until 8 p.m. local time. If you don't see this information on the detail page, the order isn't eligible.

Baltimore 11:00 a.m. local time
Boston
11:00 a.m. local time
Chicago
7 a.m. local time
Indianapolis
7 a.m. local time
Las Vegas
10 a.m. local time
New York City (and parts of New Jersey)
8:30 a.m. local time
Philadelphia 8:30 a.m. local time
Phoenix
11 a.m. local time
San Bernardino Area
11:30 a.m. local time
Seattle
12 p.m. local time
Washington, D.C.
11:00 a.m. local time

Saturday and Sunday delivery is available for certain locations. Local Express can't be used to ship to P.O. boxes, APO, FPO, or DPO addresses, but it is eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.

Ordered an 18v hand tool battery on April 02. Supposed to be delivered today. I'll believe it when I see it.
Anyway, Happy Easter everybody!

Capture.JPG

Got a notice a couple hours ago that two items I ordered will be delivered today. Prime, did not pay for next day dlvy.

I wonder if the driver will be in a bunny suit? ;)

That's odd, since last year Amazon has really slowed down delivery to me. Now they don't even ship stuff out for 2-3 days, and then I have to wait longer for the shipper to get it to me. I don't order a lot, but I order at least once a month.

Got my package today. Didn't get a glimpse of the delivery guy, though.

So many grand kiddies doing Easter Egg hunts, it would've fit right in!

That's odd, since last year Amazon has really slowed down delivery to me. Now they don't even ship stuff out for 2-3 days, and then I have to wait longer for the shipper to get it to me. I don't order a lot, but I order at least once a month.
Do you have Amazon Prime? If not you are right on schedule....

I did have Prime last year, but I got rid of it after the price when up so far. I found out their free video selections (which is why I got it) wasn't all that easy to find, and a lot of it was available free in other places.

The GPU I ordered Friday showed up Sunday, even without Prime. My only complaint was I had enrolled for the SMS message when it was delivered, but I never received the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts