Amazon devices will soon automatically share your Internet with neighbors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It can be turned off. I did on all of mine.
The last time I checked, I could not opt out via alexa.amazon.com. :mad: I don't have the Alexa app installed anywhere. Will I have to do that in order to turn it off?

Edited to add: I again looked in my account settings and found no way to turn off Sidewalk from alexa.amazon.com.

Last edited:
The last time I checked, I could not opt out via alexa.amazon.com. :mad: I don't have the Alexa app installed anywhere. Will I have to do that in order to turn it off?

Edited to add: I again looked in my account settings and found no way to turn off Sidewalk from alexa.amazon.com.
From the article linked above:

Fortunately, turning Sidewalk off is relatively painless. It involves:

1. Opening the Alexa app
  2. Opening More and selecting Settings
  3. Selecting Account Settings
  4. Selecting Amazon Sidewalk
  5. Turning Amazon Sidewalk Off

Reactions: SandFarmer
Yes, Radio, I understand that. If I installed every application that somebody somewhere wanted me to install, my phone would have no memory left and it wouldn't update properly.

All of my recent Alexa device acquisitions automatically attach to my network, logged into my account, and worked as intended without the Alexa app. The last time I needed it, I got a stereo pair of Dots working with an Echo Sub. But after doing something like that, I remove the app again so it's not taking up valuabl space, draining resources from my phone, and in general being a privacy and/or security threat.

So, I guess I'll have to install the Alexa app again, opt out of Sidewalk, and then deinstall it again. :mad:

Reactions: SandFarmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts