Amazon Fire TV 4k Player

The 4K picture on mine is very blurry at times, and when the cameras pan left to right (or vice versa) I see a lot of jutter where the pictures skips frames. I have a 150Mb/s connection.
1564730.png

I do not have these issues using the built in apps on my Samsung 4K TV.

Also disappointed that YouTube does not play 4K videos in 4K.

I may send the unit back.

Another issue I have that others are reporting is the screen going black after exiting an UHD title.

S~

Well mine is all boxed up and will be getting shipped out today back to Amazon.

Without HDR support its useless as you will not be able to see more of the new 4K content that Amazon is adding. This makes the 4K support of this box extremely limited.

I noticed this morning on Amazon this box now only had 2 1/2 Stars out of 5 and they DROPPED THE PRICE to $79.

I'll be sending mine back also and getting a ROKU 4. Between no 5.1 audio with NF, video blacking out after exiting a UHD title, and no VUDU support, very poor implementation.

S~

Ordered the ROKU 4. We'll see how that one works. I have no problem with the FMP-X10 blacking out after exiting a UHD title, and DD+5.1 on NF definitely worked on the X10.

S~

I am thinking about dumping my AT&T U-Verse TV service. $150,00 Plus is not worth it for crap service. I had DirecTV but now that At&T U-Verse owns DirecTV I don't want that. Te only reason I left DirecTV was because of my HOA Gestapo's (don't get me started)'
Is any one using the Amazon Fire TV is it worth it or is it time to get rid of all and just go back to over the air TV ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts