Amazon Fire TV Stick

Mine showed up Monday. Finally tried it out this morning. Setup was about 10 minutes for downloads and updates. The device via the remote is very quick, possibly faster than my Apple TV. Pulled up a couple TV episodes and the picture quality is quite good on my 55" LED/LCD. Indicator light on the soundbar indicates some flavor of Dolby surround is present.

Quite a deal for $19 bucks although I honestly don't know much it will get used given other methods to access the same content. Some above have mentioned travel which is a possibility although most places I've stayed lately have lousy Wi-Fi. Streaming would be painful.

Reactions: bhelms
Just installed mine last evening. The whole process from opening the box to the point where the "Welcome" video launched took less than 10 minutes. (My biggest problem was trying to insert the stick into an HDMI port on my TV that I couldn't see! ) It found my Wi-Fi instantly...tho' it took me several attempts to punch-in my PW...then instantly found my Prime account that had been preloaded. I "fired"-up a movie to test it out. It looked and sounded great! I then moved it over to the last open HDMI port on my receiver to check out the SS...and that of course sounded even better! So far I'm a Happy Camper. For $19...plus some portion of my Prime sub. cost yet TBD...I really can't beat it. I don't have any other streaming device (other than Prime accessed through my computer which lacks the SS) so I don't have any comparison basis. But this option will keep me occupied...and probably very satisfied...for quite some time...!

Tonight I'll test the phone remote control app. that will allow voice command access..

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They charged my card today, but still showing a del. date of 12/17.

Well it came today instead of the 17th, I kinda figured it must me coming sooner since they charged my card Thursday. Been using it a couple of hours and I must say I am very impressed with it. The speed is better than I expected. I put the app on my phone and it works super quick and smooth. Well worth the 19 bucks. :)

I saw that also but have not tried it out yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)