Amazon Instant Video App for iPad Now Available

Kickass. Makes me feel better about re-upping my Prime subscription. This is a game changer in my opinion, as Netflix had a big advantage over Amazon due to it's versatility and availability.

Do you think this will change the problem that Amazon Instant Video won't be available on Android Jelly Bean with Adobe not supporting 4.1?

Do you think this will change the problem that Amazon Instant Video won't be available on Android Jelly Bean with Adobe not supporting 4.1?
I doubt it's a flash issue. The app isn't available for ANY Android versions right now, and there's no reason to require it since Netflix doesn't.

I'm sure it's coming next. Hell technically it already exists if you count the Kindle Fire version which uses Android.

Last edited:
Amazon Instant Video on iPad

Downloaded it yesterday. I can't see how to do a certain thing, and I'm hoping it's possible but suspecting it is not.

I want to go to Amazon and view or (preferably) download Stargate SG-1 season 3. At least one or two episodes, anyway. I can't figure out how to do it. I'm presented with a selection to choose from, but I go to the TV tab and can't find any SG-1. Yet I know Amazon has it, and at no cost since I'm a Prime member.

Am I missing the obvious?

navychop said:
Downloaded it yesterday. I can't see how to do a certain thing, and I'm hoping it's possible but suspecting it is not.

I want to go to Amazon and view or (preferably) download Stargate SG-1 season 3. At least one or two episodes, anyway. I can't figure out how to do it. I'm presented with a selection to choose from, but I go to the TV tab and can't find any SG-1. Yet I know Amazon has it, and at no cost since I'm a Prime member.

Am I missing the obvious?

You can only download videos that are part of your purchased library. All Prime videos are stream only.

But I cannot find SG-1 to stream, even. Perhaps I select from the PC and it becomes available on the iPad?

Has lots of things that Netflix does not.

A lot of my favorite Discovery Channel / Science channels are available to me for Free on Amazon, when I was buying episodes from Apple for $1.99 before.

They have different catalogs of titles. Amazon Prime gives you free Amazon shipping. Amazon prime is a lure to get you to always shop at Amazon for the free 2 day shipping.

I'd respond to that but I've got this fishhook deeply imbedded in my cheek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts