Amazon Instant Video App for iPad Now Available

So, what are the advantages of Amazon Prime over Netflix?
Another perk, although this isn't exclusive to prime as much as it is to Amazon video, is that a number of movies if you buy the disc, you get access to the rental immediately on their service. It's not exactly a game changer but it's a pretty cool feature IMO.

They have different catalogs of titles. Amazon Prime gives you free Amazon shipping. Amazon prime is a lure to get you to always shop at Amazon for the free 2 day shipping.

Also $3.99 overnight shipping is a good perk as well for those times you need something ASAP.

Amazon Prime has paid for itself for me many times...

I ordered something and it was over 50 lbs and was big. Shipping was FREE via 2nd day air.. and just for the hell of it I had them ship it overnight for $3.99. If I would have purchased it and shipped it overnight somewhere else the shipping would have been over $100!

OK, you guys have interested me enough that I signed up for the free one month trial. I even ordered a book with free two day shipping to test that out. :)

I have had prime since the first day it became available. Worth it over and over. The video app is cool, but I hear it won't AirPlay which defers the purpose. So I'll end up using AirPlay from the Mac.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

One fatal flaw of app: no search feature. Seriously, why do I need to use the website first to find what I want to watch?!

Other than that it seems good. Watched some old Red vs Blue stuff. Brought back some nistalgoia from college.

I have had prime since the first day it became available. Worth it over and over. The video app is cool, but I hear it won't AirPlay which defers the purpose. So I'll end up using AirPlay from the Mac.

It turns out Apple is currently blocking others from using the airplay API for some reason. I hope they change their mind one day and let everyone do airplay.

It turns out Apple is currently blocking others from using the airplay API for some reason. I hope they change their mind one day and let everyone do airplay.
Ahhh... their infamous Super Bowl "1984" ad looks more laughable and ironic every day..

I know you can use it with Skyfire; haven't tried it on other apps. To be honest, the Apple TV has been off while I am in non-stop Olympic mode. :)

BUT I read today Apple is allowing Hulu Plus on Apple TV; which is shocking.

On a side topic, if I can give some advice it's do NOT use Can I Stream it to see if stuff is available for streaming. The service is CONSTANTLY wrong. I did a search for "Arthur" (The classic movie, not the BS remake that came out last year) and it claimed that no service had it, but I found out that Amazon had it for rental/purchase and Netflix had it for instant streaming. Then I did a search for "Robocop" and while it did correctly state that it was available for Netflix, it said you couldn't get it from Amazon, which was wrong. So basically, if you want to know if something is available, do NOT use that site. Just use Netflix and Amazon directly to get your info.

rockymtnhigh said:

Just tried. As soon as the selected content starts to play, the audio plays, but the video doesn't. Bummer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts