Amazon Prime Video Debuts on DISH Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am assuming this app is using data and it is not being sent down from the sats. I am connected via ethernet. I am asking for a neighbor that has poor internet service.

I am assuming this app is using data and it is not being sent down from the sats. I am connected via ethernet. I am asking for a neighbor that has poor internet service.
Hi, reubenray! Yes, that is correct. The Hopper 3 must be connected to Internet in order to access the app and stream movies/TV shows. -Christina W.

What's the point? On 2nd/3rd TV I still need to the Roku or Fire or something else.

And any audio is limited by TV sound output anyway.

All this fanfare over this? Basically a lot of fanfare over a failure to launch

Mine works on the optical out on my Hopper, just fine. Maybe you’re doing something wrong

You can route the HDMI output of a Joey to an AVR and then from the AVR to a TV. So you can indeed get 5.1 if it is available. But... the Joeys are not Dolby+ capable so Amazon doesn't want their app available on Joeys. Why? Probably because of Atmos sound availability on many of their showings including purchased movies. Those showings are badged with Atmos sound and they don't want people calling them to find out why they are not getting Atmos sound to their AVR. DISH is in the same category....

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
It appears that everything is being shown in 4K format on my 4K TV even if the original doesn't not have the the 4K designation. I don't have a regular HD TV to see what format they use for those TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts